    the first MP3 file has played it doesn't then automatically move onto the
    next file and so on...how to I arrange for automatic playing of all the
    songs within all the MP3 files?
    Pete Brown, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Pete Brown

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Pete Brown wrote:
    > I have 6 large wav music files with a few individual songs in
    > each...converted them to 6 MP3 files (to make sizes smaller so would
    > fit onto one CD) ...all ok so far...and then burnt them onto a CD
    > (using Nero)...again all ok, starts to play back....trouble is after
    > the songs in the first MP3 file has played it doesn't then
    > automatically move onto the next file and so on...how to I arrange
    > for automatic playing of all the songs within all the MP3 files?

    What software are you using to play the MP3 files? It's not likely a problem
    with the CD. Your software probably needs a playlist or something.

    I use a small nifty program called mp3arun.exe. I burn that on my MP3 disc
    with the songs, with an autorun file. So when I push the disc in, the
    mp3arun file plays the songs on the disc. I've got it set to randomize, and
    with 150 songs (or more!) on the disc, it's like my own private DJ <g>

    http://yippee.i4free.co.nz/html/win/audio/title12167.htm (older version)

    I have version 3.4 or something like that. But I can't find it on the 'net.
    His home page is down. I can email it to you if you are interested.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Pete Brown

    Pete Brown Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Pete Brown wrote:
    >> I have 6 large wav music files with a few individual songs in
    >> each...converted them to 6 MP3 files (to make sizes smaller so would
    >> fit onto one CD) ...all ok so far...and then burnt them onto a CD
    >> (using Nero)...again all ok, starts to play back....trouble is after
    >> the songs in the first MP3 file has played it doesn't then
    >> automatically move onto the next file and so on...how to I arrange
    >> for automatic playing of all the songs within all the MP3 files?

    > What software are you using to play the MP3 files? It's not likely a
    > problem with the CD. Your software probably needs a playlist or something.
    >
    > I use a small nifty program called mp3arun.exe. I burn that on my MP3 disc
    > with the songs, with an autorun file. So when I push the disc in, the
    > mp3arun file plays the songs on the disc. I've got it set to randomize,
    > and with 150 songs (or more!) on the disc, it's like my own private DJ <g>
    >
    > http://yippee.i4free.co.nz/html/win/audio/title12167.htm (older version)
    >
    > I have version 3.4 or something like that. But I can't find it on the
    > 'net. His home page is down. I can email it to you if you are interested.

    --------------------------
    Thanks for your reply.
    I used dBpoweramp to convert from wav to mp3 then Nero to make a
    multi-session CD. As I said its ok then to play via pc with all the songs on
    one of the mp3 playing from first to last...but then it won't jump to the
    songs in the next mp3 file.
    What I wish to do is play all the songs on all the mp3 files from start to
    finish on a stand alone cd player. In fact now you mention it - randomise
    would be ok as well.
    The history is...its my first attempt to copy songs from tapes (Elvis- for a
    friend who is an Elvis nut!)) onto hard drive and thence onto CD-R for
    normal playing. The 6 wavs and 6 mp3's I mentioned represent songs from 6
    sides of tapes...I haven't separated or named the songs individually...happy
    to just have all the songs play through.
    So, if you think that prog you mention would fit the bill yes please I would
    be interested...I looked it up and as you say there doesn't seem to be a
    recent version. I wonder if there are other progs that would do what I'm
    after?
    Many thanks,
    Pete
    -----------
    Pete Brown, Nov 8, 2005
  4. Pete Brown

    dadiOH Guest

    Pete Brown wrote:

    > What I wish to do is play all the songs on all the mp3 files from
    > start to finish on a stand alone cd player.

    Can that stand alone CD player decode MP3s? If not, they won't play.
    You would have to make an audio disc instead of a data (mp3) disc. More
    info in my dandies below.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Nov 8, 2005
  5. Pete Brown

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:dkpg08$ivj$,
    Pete Brown spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> Pete Brown wrote:
    >>> I have 6 large wav music files with a few individual songs in
    >>> each...converted them to 6 MP3 files (to make sizes smaller so would
    >>> fit onto one CD) ...all ok so far...and then burnt them onto a CD
    >>> (using Nero)...again all ok, starts to play back....trouble is after
    >>> the songs in the first MP3 file has played it doesn't then
    >>> automatically move onto the next file and so on...how to I arrange
    >>> for automatic playing of all the songs within all the MP3 files?

    >> What software are you using to play the MP3 files? It's not likely a
    >> problem with the CD. Your software probably needs a playlist or
    >> something. I use a small nifty program called mp3arun.exe. I burn that on
    >> my
    >> MP3 disc with the songs, with an autorun file. So when I push the
    >> disc in, the mp3arun file plays the songs on the disc. I've got it
    >> set to randomize, and with 150 songs (or more!) on the disc, it's
    >> like my own private DJ <g>
    >> http://yippee.i4free.co.nz/html/win/audio/title12167.htm (older
    >> version) I have version 3.4 or something like that. But I can't find it
    >> on the
    >> 'net. His home page is down. I can email it to you if you are
    >> interested.

    > --------------------------
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > I used dBpoweramp to convert from wav to mp3 then Nero to make a
    > multi-session CD. As I said its ok then to play via pc with all the
    > songs on one of the mp3 playing from first to last...but then it
    > won't jump to the songs in the next mp3 file.
    > What I wish to do is play all the songs on all the mp3 files from
    > start to finish on a stand alone cd player. In fact now you mention
    > it - randomise would be ok as well.
    > The history is...its my first attempt to copy songs from tapes
    > (Elvis- for a friend who is an Elvis nut!)) onto hard drive and
    > thence onto CD-R for normal playing. The 6 wavs and 6 mp3's I
    > mentioned represent songs from 6 sides of tapes...I haven't separated
    > or named the songs individually...happy to just have all the songs
    > play through. So, if you think that prog you mention would fit the bill
    > yes please
    > I would be interested...I looked it up and as you say there doesn't
    > seem to be a recent version. I wonder if there are other progs that
    > would do what I'm after?
    > Many thanks,
    > Pete
    > -----------

    Like I said, the program author's web site seems to be down. But on a PC, it
    does exactly what you want - if I understand you correctly.

    You have recorded the entire set of one side of a tape/album into a long
    MP3. That is ONE file. Your player finishes that file, and won't play the
    NEXT file (next side of the album) automatically. This program will. And if
    you put the the program (and associated files) on a data disc, and put the
    disc in a PC, it will play all the songs automaticaly, one right after the
    other.

    I don't think the program I use goes to the next folder automatically
    *unless* it is in randomize mode. Then it randomizes from EVERY folder on
    the disc. So if you put the songs in folders, it may not work quite as
    expected.

    I can email the version I use to you, if you would like. Email me at
    tim_n_puppies at yahoo dot com (you should know how to fix that, right?)
    with a pertinent subject like - like "MP3 AutoRun Request" or such.

    However, as DadioH said, if you want to make a disc that will play in a
    NON-MP3 player (like a portable or a car stereo, etc.) you don't want to do
    the disk as a multi-session data disc. You need to make an AUDIO disc. And
    you'll likely get only two sides of a tape/album on a disc, or more
    accurately, about 70 minutes of music.

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 9, 2005
  6. Pete Brown

    Pete Brown Guest

    Thanks, and thanks for pointing to your excellent site.

    Pete Brown, Nov 9, 2005
  7. Pete Brown

> [...]

    > the disc in a PC, it will play all the songs automaticaly, one right after
    > the other.
    >
    > I don't think the program I use goes to the next folder automatically
    > *unless* it is in randomize mode. Then it randomizes from EVERY folder on
    > the disc. So if you put the songs in folders, it may not work quite as
    > expected.
    >
    > I can email the version I use to you, if you would like. Email me at
    > tim_n_puppies at yahoo dot com (you should know how to fix that, right?)
    > with a pertinent subject like - like "MP3 AutoRun Request" or such.
    >
    > However, as DadioH said, if you want to make a disc that will play in a
    > NON-MP3 player (like a portable or a car stereo, etc.) you don't want to
    > do the disk as a multi-session data disc. You need to make an AUDIO disc.
    > And you'll likely get only two sides of a tape/album on a disc, or more

    OK, Thanks for all your help. Have decided I'll just do an audio file per CD
    so can play on portable Cd player...so won't take you up on your kind offer
    of that small prog you mentioned.
    Thanks again.
    Pete Brown, Nov 9, 2005