    says please allow 5 working days for delivery which is well passed now

    advice please

    Dave
    Dragon, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Dragon

    P Pron Guest

    Dragon <> wrote:
    > Just a quick one here I have been dealing with play.com for a while
    > not quite happily no problems but my last order 31.3.04 has still

    not
    > turned up as yet. What are plays procedure with dvdss that don't
    > turn up.
    >
    > Out of around 50 this is my first dvd that's hasn't as yet turned up
    > and it says please allow 5 working days for delivery which is well
    > passed now
    >
    > advice please
    >
    > Dave

    They seem to have hidden their FAQ under "Contact Us" for some reason,
    but this is what they say......

    "Most products are usually delivered in 3-5 working days. Occasionally
    due to postal delays they can take longer. We have to allow up to 14
    days before we are able to start tracing lost parcels, unfortunately
    we cannot do anything for you until this time has expired. Please
    contact us if you do not receive your item(s) within this period so we
    can help to retrieve your goods. We apologise for any delay."

    HTH

    paul
    P Pron, Apr 10, 2004

  3. They are brilliant, when you inform them that the item has not been received
    they will send another one straight away foc.

    No problem for play

    "P Pron" <> wrote in message
    > Dragon <> wrote:
    > > Just a quick one here I have been dealing with play.com for a while
    > > not quite happily no problems but my last order 31.3.04 has still

    > not
    > > turned up as yet. What are plays procedure with dvdss that don't
    > > turn up.
    > >
    > > Out of around 50 this is my first dvd that's hasn't as yet turned up
    > > and it says please allow 5 working days for delivery which is well
    > > passed now
    > >
    > > advice please
    > >
    > > Dave

    > They seem to have hidden their FAQ under "Contact Us" for some reason,
    > but this is what they say......
    >
    > "Most products are usually delivered in 3-5 working days. Occasionally
    > due to postal delays they can take longer. We have to allow up to 14
    > days before we are able to start tracing lost parcels, unfortunately
    > we cannot do anything for you until this time has expired. Please
    > contact us if you do not receive your item(s) within this period so we
    > can help to retrieve your goods. We apologise for any delay."
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > paul

    ---
    the missing link, Apr 10, 2004
  4. Dragon

    AntonyG Guest

    "P Pron" <> wrote in message

    > They seem to have hidden their FAQ under "Contact Us" for some reason,
    > but this is what they say......
    >
    > "Most products are usually delivered in 3-5 working days. Occasionally
    > due to postal delays they can take longer. We have to allow up to 14
    > days before we are able to start tracing lost parcels, unfortunately
    > we cannot do anything for you until this time has expired. Please
    > contact us if you do not receive your item(s) within this period so we
    > can help to retrieve your goods. We apologise for any delay."

    I have a similar problem in that Matrix Revolutions hasn't arrived. It's 14
    days on Monday since it was sent so rather than mither them earlier, I'll
    email them then.

    First DVD not to arrive for me too.

    Ant
    AntonyG, Apr 10, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Zygon Curry Guest

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:17:45 +0100, "the missing link" <missing link @
    invalid......> wrote:

    >They are brilliant, when you inform them that the item has not been received
    >they will send another one straight away foc.
    >
    >No problem for play

    I agree.

    Play are very helpful. They even helped me replace a faulty DVD months
    after I'd bought it from them. No questions asked.
    Zygon Curry, Apr 13, 2004
  6. Dragon

    [neil] Guest

    "Zygon Curry" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:17:45 +0100, "the missing link" <missing link @
    > invalid......> wrote:
    >

    > >They are brilliant, when you inform them that the item has not been

    received
    > >they will send another one straight away foc.
    > >
    > >No problem for play

    > I agree.
    >
    > Play are very helpful. They even helped me replace a faulty DVD months
    > after I'd bought it from them. No questions asked.

    Can't fault their customer service, but FIVE of the last six orders I've had
    sent have never arrived... :-(

    They were 3 small seperate orders for gadgets before mother's day (including
    a "beddy bear" microwavable teddy!), and they never arrived.

    Emailed play, they sent them again, and this time only the beddy bear
    arrived (apparently the thieving scumbag didn't want another teddy), I still
    have a couple of days before I can report the replacements missing.

    Is it likely to be somebody at the play warehouse, or somebody within the
    postal service? I know it's not their fault but it's now a month and I
    haven't got my orders - it's like Splash never went bust ;-)

    Neil
    [neil], Apr 13, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Mark A Guest

    [neil] wrote:

    > Is it likely to be somebody at the play warehouse, or somebody within
    > the postal service?

    Dunno, but I ordered seasons 1 & 2 of Friends before Christmas for my
    daughter, never showed. Rang Play they sent two more and they were here
    in two days. Now I've ordered seasons 3 and 4 for my dughter's birthday
    and they too failed to arrive. I phoned today and they're sending two
    more but when I asked about what they did the last time this happened
    all she'd say was "we're keeping an eye on it". I hope they find out
    who did it as it looks bad on me that they keep going missing. I know if
    I were them I'd now be suspiscious of me, but I didn't do it, honest,
    guv!

    Regards

    Mark
    Mark A, Apr 13, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "Mark A" <> wrote in message
    > [neil] wrote:
    > >
    > > Is it likely to be somebody at the play warehouse, or somebody within
    > > the postal service?

    > Dunno, but I ordered seasons 1 & 2 of Friends before Christmas for my
    > daughter, never showed. Rang Play they sent two more and they were here
    > in two days. Now I've ordered seasons 3 and 4 for my dughter's birthday
    > and they too failed to arrive. I phoned today and they're sending two
    > more but when I asked about what they did the last time this happened
    > all she'd say was "we're keeping an eye on it". I hope they find out
    > who did it as it looks bad on me that they keep going missing. I know if
    > I were them I'd now be suspiscious of me, but I didn't do it, honest,
    > guv!
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Mark

    I understand a postie's home was raided by the police- they found something
    like 100,000 DVD's (or the value of)
    Nath, Apr 13, 2004
  9. Dragon

    [neil] Guest

    "Nath" <> wrote in message

    > I understand a postie's home was raided by the police- they found

    something
    > like 100,000 DVD's (or the value of)

    Do you know if they found a microwavable teddy bear and two ting-ting head
    massagers? ;-)

    Neil
    [neil], Apr 13, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Zygon Curry Guest

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:17:24 +0100, "[neil]" <>
    wrote:

    >> Play are very helpful. They even helped me replace a faulty DVD months
    >> after I'd bought it from them. No questions asked.

    >Can't fault their customer service, but FIVE of the last six orders I've had
    >sent have never arrived... :-(
    >
    >They were 3 small seperate orders for gadgets before mother's day (including
    >a "beddy bear" microwavable teddy!), and they never arrived.
    >
    >Emailed play, they sent them again, and this time only the beddy bear
    >arrived (apparently the thieving scumbag didn't want another teddy), I still
    >have a couple of days before I can report the replacements missing.
    >
    >Is it likely to be somebody at the play warehouse, or somebody within the
    >postal service? I know it's not their fault but it's now a month and I
    >haven't got my orders - it's like Splash never went bust ;-)

    Depends where abouts in the UK you live. There is a big strike in
    Oxford which as been going on for weeks and as affected all incoming
    and outgoing mail.

    As for Splash... I'm still trying to get my money back from them.
    Zygon Curry, Apr 15, 2004
  11. Dragon

    John Guest

    It could be due to the new postal practice of one delivery a day, which
    seems to be causing problems around the country. I never received mail for 3
    days then a large wad of mail.

    Thanks, John

    John, Apr 16, 2004