    http://www.plaxo.com/

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Kookaburra

    Dogg Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:58:34 +1300, Kookaburra
    <> wrote:

    >http://www.plaxo.com/

    Looks like a load of BS to me. If you can't keep your own contacts up
    to date then what's the point of having them? Your friend has probably
    inadvertently got your address on a bunch of spamming lists.

    Dogg, Nov 9, 2003

  3. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:41:35 +1300, Dogg <> wrote:

    >Looks like a load of BS to me. If you can't keep your own contacts up
    >to date then what's the point of having them? Your friend has probably
    >inadvertently got your address on a bunch of spamming lists.

    Yep, I'd say you're right. I see it's run by the same guy who created
    Napster.

    In their privacy policy the data that is collected (ie the email
    addresses in the web stored address book) would be available to a
    potential purchaser of plaxo.

    I can't believe people can be sucked in by this BS and disclose other
    people's contact information.

    Cheers, Kooky

    "I make more sense than your addled brain can understand"
    - Glenn Fletcher on nz.general

    Kookaburra, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Kookaburra

    steve Guest

    Kookaburra allegedly said:

    > Can anybody tell me about this outfit please. I have a friend who has
    > downloaded some software which supposedly updates her address book.
    > So far I have received 5 emails from them to confirm. Reading their
    > Privacy agreement I'm not convinced that it's a secure site and seeing
    > the information they have on me I'm pissed off with my friend.
    >
    > http://www.plaxo.com/

    Looks like web-based organiser....sort of a workgroup thing.

    One of the guys at DELL in NZ uses it.....

    steve, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:30:34 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >Kookaburra allegedly said:
    >
    >> Can anybody tell me about this outfit please. I have a friend who has
    >> downloaded some software which supposedly updates her address book.
    >> So far I have received 5 emails from them to confirm. Reading their
    >> Privacy agreement I'm not convinced that it's a secure site and seeing
    >> the information they have on me I'm pissed off with my friend.
    >>
    >> http://www.plaxo.com/

    >Looks like web-based organiser....sort of a workgroup thing.
    >
    >One of the guys at DELL in NZ uses it.....

    I don't know what's wrong with these people. It's like opening up
    your house to a stranger and saying come inside and help yourself.
    But then again look at all the people that use p2p.

    This friend of mine downloads and installs everything she can click
    on. Last weekend it was Incredimail and Plaxo on the same day. I'm
    forever cleaning her system up but not anymore it was totally
    irresponsible disclosing my personal information to a 3rd party
    without my consent. I have blacklisted her and I'm bouncing her
    emails. I never bounce emails as a rule because of the Joe jobs of
    spammers.

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Kookaburra

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Kookaburra <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:30:34 +1300, steve <> wrote:
    >
    >>Kookaburra allegedly said:
    >>
    >>> Can anybody tell me about this outfit please. I have a friend who
    >>> has downloaded some software which supposedly updates her address
    >>> book. So far I have received 5 emails from them to confirm. Reading
    >>> their Privacy agreement I'm not convinced that it's a secure site
    >>> and seeing the information they have on me I'm pissed off with my
    >>> friend.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.plaxo.com/

    >>Looks like web-based organiser....sort of a workgroup thing.
    >>
    >>One of the guys at DELL in NZ uses it.....

    > I don't know what's wrong with these people. It's like opening up
    > your house to a stranger and saying come inside and help yourself.
    > But then again look at all the people that use p2p.
    >
    > This friend of mine downloads and installs everything she can click
    > on. Last weekend it was Incredimail and Plaxo on the same day. I'm
    > forever cleaning her system up but not anymore it was totally
    > irresponsible disclosing my personal information to a 3rd party
    > without my consent. I have blacklisted her and I'm bouncing her
    > emails. I never bounce emails as a rule because of the Joe jobs of
    > spammers.
    >

    > Cheers, Kooky

    Good for you, maybe she will learn. I wish more people were aware of
    these apps. I have told my family to simply google the name +problem
    before installing any "helpful" bits and peices. It really opens their
    eyes. Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Nov 10, 2003