    Do I need to worry about RMA'ng these switches?

    Thanks in Advance.

    , Sep 15, 2006

  2. Merv Guest

    Re: PLATFORM_ENV 1 PWR Faulty internal power supply detected

    wrote:
    > Lately I have seen (the subject line of this message) error popping up
    > in Cisco Works on our 3500 series switches. There doesn't seem to be
    > anything wrong with the switch. We are running
    >
    > Cisco IOS Software, C3550 Software (C3550-IPBASEK9-M), Version
    > 12.2(25)SEE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

    There have been bugs with other Cisco devices erroneously generating
    these messages.

    If you have a Cisco support contract, open a case with the Cisco TAC

    Merv, Sep 16, 2006

  3. Re: PLATFORM_ENV 1 PWR Faulty internal power supply detected

    The label on that physical power supply will have this Part Number:

    34-0967-01

    -------------------------------

    PLATFORM_ENV 1 PWR Faulty internal power supply detected.

    CSCse49694 Bug

    This error message will no longer appear on a switch running Cisco IOS
    Release 12.2(25)SEE2 or later:

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power-supply-inventory.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Salary and Compensation Rates
    http://www.bradreese.com/compensation-database.htm

    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 16, 2006
  4. Guest

    Re: PLATFORM_ENV 1 PWR Faulty internal power supply detected

    Thanks Brad and Merv. I kinda figured this was a code thing.

    wrote:
    > Lately I have seen (the subject line of this message) error popping up
    > in Cisco Works on our 3500 series switches. There doesn't seem to be
    > anything wrong with the switch. We are running
    >
    > Cisco IOS Software, C3550 Software (C3550-IPBASEK9-M), Version
    > 12.2(25)SEE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this?
    >
    > Do I need to worry about RMA'ng these switches?
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.

    , Sep 18, 2006