    On each 2950 on my network, how to limit the PVST to only vlans that are
    switching traffic for (like pruning vlan). How to configure them ?

    Thanks in advance for your help
    DM, Sep 28, 2006

  2. If 64 instances of spanning tree are already in use, you can disable
    STP on one of the VLANs and then enable it on the VLAN where you want
    it to run.

    Use the no spanning-tree vlan vlan-id global configuration command to
    disable STP on a specific VLAN, and use the spanning-tree vlan vlan-id
    global configuration command to enable STP on the desired VLAN.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...tion_guide_chapter09186a008014f2b5.html#64254

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair