  1. Is there anyway to replace a plastic one with a metal one? I can't
    understand why a company would put a plastic tripod mount in a 550.00
    camera, it makes no sense at all.

    What's In A Name?, Sep 14, 2004

  2. What's In A Name? wrote:

    > Is there anyway to replace a plastic one with a metal one? I can't
    > understand why a company would put a plastic tripod mount in a 550.00
    > camera, it makes no sense at all.

    Give us a hint as to the make/model of camera?

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Sep 14, 2004

  3. "What's In A Name?" <What'> wrote in

    > I can't
    > understand why a company would put a plastic tripod mount in a 550.00
    > camera, it makes no sense at all.

    Because they want you to buy the $1000 dollar camera. ;-)

    --
    "We are twice armed if we fight with faith." (Plato)

    -Richard Cockburn

    Richard Cockburn, Sep 15, 2004
  4. On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:03:34 -0400, "What's In A Name?"
    <What'> wrote:

    >Is there anyway to replace a plastic one with a metal one? I can't
    >understand why a company would put a plastic tripod mount in a 550.00
    >camera, it makes no sense at all.

    Look at Al Jacobs web site, he helped me with such a problem on my
    Nikon CP-950 a couple of years ago and he published the results on his
    site. The last time I looked, it was:

    http://www.aljacobs.com/

    Olin McDaniel

    To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
    "Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
    the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."

    Olin K. McDaniel, Sep 15, 2004
  5. I checked out his site but I don't see any information regarding this, but I
    emailed him.

    What's In A Name?, Sep 16, 2004