    And how safe is it to use the power adapter if I have to lose it, (the
    sealed block), I mean?

    tia
    Diogenes, May 15, 2009

  2. In message <860daf62-a604-4f7b-
    >, Diogenes wrote:

    > What's its' purpose, folks?

    RF filter?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 15, 2009

  3. Diogenes

    Party Animal Guest

    Diogenes wrote:
    > What's its' purpose, folks?
    > And how safe is it to use the power adapter if I have to lose it, (the
    > sealed block), I mean?
    >
    > tia

    Its quite safe to use.
    Its a ferrite inductor block to reduce radio frequency interference.
    Not really necessary.
    Party Animal, May 15, 2009
  4. Diogenes

    Richard Guest

    Diogenes wrote:
    > What's its' purpose, folks?
    > And how safe is it to use the power adapter if I have to lose it, (the
    > sealed block), I mean?
    >
    > tia

    Ferite RF supressor - if the adapter isnt compliant with RF emissions
    then a thing on the cable can remove just enough to make it comply, and
    it means they can only spend the money on it when shipping to a country
    that cares.

    IMO it shouldnt be allowable since noone I know could tell you what
    cable came with what appliance.

    Just use it without - noone will care other then some beurocrats
    somewhere, and with the amount of totally non compliant crap sold the
    slightly higher RF noise from the power supply will go unnoticed.
    Richard, May 15, 2009