Plasma TV is Dead - Pioneer Exits

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Brian Mathews, Mar 5, 2008.

    1. Advertising

  1. Nathan Mercer, Mar 5, 2008

  2. Brian Mathews

    RL Guest

    RL, Mar 5, 2008
  3. Brian Mathews

    J Brockley Guest

    "Brian Mathews" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/plasma-tv-is-dead

    All that article speaks to is the idiocy of the people writing it.
    You can predict any technology as being likely to die eg DVD. In 5 years I
    look back here and say I predicted it. Same with Blu Ray except perhaps 10
    etc etc.
    The fact the Pioneer as exited means the that the most expensive player as
    exited. I'm not saying LCD wont surpass Plasma but I guarantee despite being
    dead you'll still be able buy new next year. Panasonic certainly are betting
    on it having openned yet another factory late 07.
    As one poster said "can't wait OLED TVs become mainstream" so to make the
    same leap I can also predict LCD is dead, just as meanless as saying Phasma
    is dead.

    J Brockley, Mar 5, 2008
  4. Brian Mathews

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "J Brockley" <> wrote in message
    > "Brian Mathews" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/plasma-tv-is-dead
    >>

    > All that article speaks to is the idiocy of the people writing it.
    > You can predict any technology as being likely to die eg DVD. In 5 years I
    > look back here and say I predicted it. Same with Blu Ray except perhaps 10
    > etc etc.
    > The fact the Pioneer as exited means the that the most expensive player as
    > exited. I'm not saying LCD wont surpass Plasma but I guarantee despite
    > being dead you'll still be able buy new next year. Panasonic certainly are
    > betting on it having openned yet another factory late 07.
    > As one poster said "can't wait OLED TVs become mainstream" so to make the
    > same leap I can also predict LCD is dead, just as meanless as saying
    > Phasma is dead.

    You really don't think other options are on the drawing boards?

    As for DVD, it will be around longer that High Definition DVDs ever will now
    that Toshiba has been forced to give up on HD DVD since Blue Ray has won
    enough support to be the top end format for now.
    Sony won't stop there.
    Not forgetting that Blue Ray doesn't have the huge market that standard DVD
    has.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Mar 5, 2008
  5. In article <fqlacj$3e0$>, J Brockley did write:

    > You can predict any technology as being likely to die eg DVD.

    DVD sales are falling off.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 5, 2008
  6. Brian Mathews

    Mutley Guest

    Mutley, Mar 5, 2008
  7. Brian Mathews

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Mutley" <> wrote in message
    > Brian Mathews <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/plasma-tv-is-dead
    >>

    > I would treat this with a grain of salt I was under the impression
    > that they're outsourcing the 42" and lower panels

    It's just Roger posting some crap while Plasmas are still on the market and
    selling.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Mar 6, 2008
  8. Brian Mathews

    J Brockley Guest

    > "J Brockley" <> wrote in message
    >> "Brian Mathews" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/plasma-tv-is-dead
    >>>

    >> All that article speaks to is the idiocy of the people writing it.
    >> You can predict any technology as being likely to die eg DVD. In 5 years
    >> I look back here and say I predicted it. Same with Blu Ray except perhaps
    >> 10 etc etc.
    >> The fact the Pioneer as exited means the that the most expensive player
    >> as exited. I'm not saying LCD wont surpass Plasma but I guarantee despite
    >> being dead you'll still be able buy new next year. Panasonic certainly
    >> are betting on it having openned yet another factory late 07.
    >> As one poster said "can't wait OLED TVs become mainstream" so to make the
    >> same leap I can also predict LCD is dead, just as meanless as saying
    >> Phasma is dead.

    > You really don't think other options are on the drawing boards?
    >
    > As for DVD, it will be around longer that High Definition DVDs ever will
    > now that Toshiba has been forced to give up on HD DVD since Blue Ray has
    > won enough support to be the top end format for now.
    > Sony won't stop there.
    > Not forgetting that Blue Ray doesn't have the huge market that standard
    > DVD has.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Don't disagree, but the headline was "Plasma is dead" without the proviso,
    in 5..10 whatever years.
    Dead is a term you'd apply to HD DVD

    J Brockley, Mar 7, 2008
  9. Brian Mathews

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "J Brockley" <> wrote in message

    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "J Brockley" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Brian Mathews" <> wrote in message

    >>> All that article speaks to is the idiocy of the people writing it.
    >>> You can predict any technology as being likely to die eg DVD. In 5 years
    >>> I look back here and say I predicted it. Same with Blu Ray except
    >>> perhaps 10 etc etc.
    >>> The fact the Pioneer as exited means the that the most expensive player
    >>> as exited. I'm not saying LCD wont surpass Plasma but I guarantee
    >>> despite being dead you'll still be able buy new next year. Panasonic
    >>> certainly are betting on it having openned yet another factory late 07.
    >>> As one poster said "can't wait OLED TVs become mainstream" so to make
    >>> the same leap I can also predict LCD is dead, just as meanless as saying
    >>> Phasma is dead.

    >> You really don't think other options are on the drawing boards?
    >>
    >> As for DVD, it will be around longer that High Definition DVDs ever will
    >> now that Toshiba has been forced to give up on HD DVD since Blue Ray has
    >> won enough support to be the top end format for now.
    >> Sony won't stop there.
    >> Not forgetting that Blue Ray doesn't have the huge market that standard
    >> DVD has.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge

    > Don't disagree, but the headline was "Plasma is dead" without the proviso,
    > in 5..10 whatever years.
    > Dead is a term you'd apply to HD DVD

    HD DVDs aren't selling not in big numbers.

    Where are the links to the other websites claiming that plasma is no longoer
    in production by Samsung, Pansonic, and a few others?

    Also this thread was started by Roger Sheperd.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Mar 7, 2008
  10. Brian Mathews

    Nighthawk Guest

    On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:57:42 +1300, "J Brockley"
    <> wrote:

    >"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "J Brockley" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Brian Mathews" <> wrote in message

    >>> All that article speaks to is the idiocy of the people writing it.
    >>> You can predict any technology as being likely to die eg DVD. In 5 years
    >>> I look back here and say I predicted it. Same with Blu Ray except perhaps
    >>> 10 etc etc.
    >>> The fact the Pioneer as exited means the that the most expensive player
    >>> as exited. I'm not saying LCD wont surpass Plasma but I guarantee despite
    >>> being dead you'll still be able buy new next year. Panasonic certainly
    >>> are betting on it having openned yet another factory late 07.
    >>> As one poster said "can't wait OLED TVs become mainstream" so to make the
    >>> same leap I can also predict LCD is dead, just as meanless as saying
    >>> Phasma is dead.

    >> You really don't think other options are on the drawing boards?
    >>
    >> As for DVD, it will be around longer that High Definition DVDs ever will
    >> now that Toshiba has been forced to give up on HD DVD since Blue Ray has
    >> won enough support to be the top end format for now.
    >> Sony won't stop there.
    >> Not forgetting that Blue Ray doesn't have the huge market that standard
    >> DVD has.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge

    >Don't disagree, but the headline was "Plasma is dead" without the proviso,
    >in 5..10 whatever years.
    >Dead is a term you'd apply to HD DVD

    Woger calls everthing he doesn't like 'dead'.

    Nighthawk, Mar 7, 2008
  11. On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 21:59:53 +1300, Nighthawk <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:57:42 +1300, "J Brockley"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "J Brockley" <> wrote in message

    >>> You really don't think other options are on the drawing boards?
    >>>
    >>> As for DVD, it will be around longer that High Definition DVDs ever will
    >>> now that Toshiba has been forced to give up on HD DVD since Blue Ray has
    >>> won enough support to be the top end format for now.
    >>> Sony won't stop there.
    >>> Not forgetting that Blue Ray doesn't have the huge market that standard
    >>> DVD has.
    >>>
    >>> E. Scrooge

    >>Don't disagree, but the headline was "Plasma is dead" without the proviso,
    >>in 5..10 whatever years.
    >>Dead is a term you'd apply to HD DVD
    >>

    >Woger calls everthing he doesn't like 'dead'.

    This was taken Totally from another site and has nothing at all to do with me at all.

    Time me think you need a Brain but then again you need a Head to put it in..

    Brian Mathews, Mar 8, 2008
  12. Brian Mathews

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 21:59:53 +1300, Nighthawk <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:57:42 +1300, "J Brockley"
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message

    >>>Don't disagree, but the headline was "Plasma is dead" without the
    >>>proviso,
    >>>in 5..10 whatever years.
    >>>Dead is a term you'd apply to HD DVD
    >>>

    >>Woger calls everthing he doesn't like 'dead'.
    >>

    > This was taken Totally from another site and has nothing at all to do with
    > me at all.
    >

    > Time me think you need a Brain but then again you need a Head to put it
    > in..

    I never doubted that you could never blind him with your bullshit for a
    minute.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Mar 8, 2008