    Amongst plasmas , is a higher res like sony 1024x 1024 worse as some say than a 800x400 as the
    pixels in the latter are larger? Anybody watched hi def on dvd? Are all plasmas compatible with hi
    def tv on Eurosatellite

    habshi, Aug 13, 2004

  2. habshi

    Pappu Murthy Guest

    habshi wrote:

    > What is the best large screen - 42in or over TV to buy ?
    > Amongst plasmas , is a higher res like sony 1024x 1024 worse as some say than a 800x400 as the
    > pixels in the latter are larger? Anybody watched hi def on dvd? Are all plasmas compatible with hi
    > def tv on Eurosatellite

    Plasmas are way too expensive. I have Sony LCD 60in Proj TV for about less than half the price of
    Plasma screen of same size. It is outstanding for HDTV, DVD's etc. But regular analog TV channels
    arent that good because of too many conversions that are involved. If you are a movie fan I say
    definitely go for it and you wont regret it. If you watch regular TV stuff then ofcourse it is a
    waste. You are better off buying the regular Tube TV of size 32 to 36 in. instead. The regular rear
    projection TV's, on the otherhand are junk in my opinion. Also, the newer DLP systems are just as
    good as LCD rear Proj. TV's and are similarly priced but SONY does not make them. You have to settle
    for SAMSUNG. They tend to be a bit more bulkier than LCD rear proj. TV's.

    Pappu Murthy, Aug 13, 2004

  3. habshi

    habshi Guest

    Been watching a 43in dlp screen and I must say the large screen creates a magical effect ,
    should have got it ten years earlier . Will soon get a plasma screen as the dlp has a limited
    viewing angle .
    Have heard that the gas leaks out of plasma and it becomes dull after a couple of years.

    habshi, Aug 16, 2004