    Could I get some suggestions on materials to help me study; which may include: books, IT web sites, good dedicated IT forums, etc...

    Also if anyone has any suggestions on the best places like Transcender and SmartCertify

    Thanks in advanced and I look forward to expanding my knowledge.

    techflavor, May 25, 2004

  2. techflavor

    Guest Guest

    I imagine you are planning to go the XP and Windows 2003
    server route?

    Transcender are great exams to prepare you for the kind of
    questions you will get.

    Sybex books are great for content and preparation. I would
    compliment it with the Microsoft Kit books and Exam Cram
    books.

    --L

    get my MCSA. I will be working offshore for the most part
    so I'm trying to gather all my materials together before I
    leave. I will not have internet access on the water so
    I'm kind of limited.

    Guest, May 25, 2004

  3. techflavor

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?dGVjaGZsYXZvcg==?=" <>
    wrote in news::

    > I am planning on spending this entire summer studying to get my MCSA.
    > I will be working offshore for the most part so I'm trying to gather
    > all my materials together before I leave. I will not have internet
    > access on the water so I'm kind of limited.
    >
    > Could I get some suggestions on materials to help me study; which may
    > include: books, IT web sites, good dedicated IT forums, etc...
    >
    > Also if anyone has any suggestions on the best places like Transcender
    > and SmartCertify.
    >
    > Thanks in advanced and I look forward to expanding my knowledge.

    how do you intend to practice your knowledge? I hope you are going to
    actually learn the products you will be testing on. to that end buy a
    copy of vmware or Virtual PC and run multiple copies of various OS in a
    test enviornment. take a beefy machine with you with lots of RAM and
    several evals (Win2k, Win2k3, XP, etc.) that you can run in virtual
    machines and you can try out all of the different configs you learn in
    the books...

    and please stay away from the braindumps as they will devalue my cert and
    will make yours worthless if go for an interview (it's easy to see
    through the people who have cheated on the exams). plus if you get caught
    using them you can kiss your certs goodbye as MS will take them away.

    good luck on your study...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 26, 2004
  4. techflavor

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?dGVjaGZsYXZvcg==?=" <>
    wrote in news::

    <little bit o snipage>

    > My laptop is
    > a P4 3Ghz w/ HT and 1GB ram so I hope it will suffice.

    this should be good for about 2-3 vm's running concurrently. you can setup
    a couple of server VMs and a client for example and have the 3 VMs
    interact. ($400USD but worth every penny. there are demo versions as well)

    > I do not plan on using anything

    <snipatola>

    THANK YOU!

    > Do you guys suggest using the books by Microsoft Press (the Self Paced
    > Training Kit Books) or other ones like from Sybex for studying? It is
    > either one or the other because I don't have enough cheese to get from
    > both Sybex (or the like) and Microsoft Press.

    I like Sybex myself. MS press is often dry and usually most helpful when I
    am having difficulty sleeping. Good reference though...

    > My co-worker's son will be working on his A+ certification and
    > Network+ certification coming up, so he is wondering the best place to
    > get study material for A+ and Network+ so his son can begin studying
    > for the CompTIA tests. Anything better than the Sybex books?
    > (Material must be current for the recent tests)

    again, Sybex though I seem to recall MS having something out for the A+
    (and a quick double check at
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/findabook/list/title.asp
    confirmed both the A+ and Net+ books) though I have no expereince with them
    myself...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 26, 2004
  5. techflavor

    Majid Guest

    Hi,

    Try to get Testking examtraining docs. They are really
    good.

    Majid, Jun 4, 2004
  6. techflavor

    JaR Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 07:41:04 -0700, Majid extemporised:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Try to get Arsefscking examtraining docs. They are really good.

    *looks around*

    Oh. Hi John.

    *whistles innocently and strolls away*

    JaR