    I've contacted several vendors and manufacturers but they were unable to
    guide me for the configuration since they most of them do not have the
    drivers compatible for 64 bit OS.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2lyYW4=?=, Feb 8, 2006

  2. When you say Administration, what type of Administrative task are you
    referring, same question goes for Graphics.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Feb 8, 2006

  3. "Kiran" <> wrote in message
    > As i mentioned before I'm not a hardware guy, I should have mentioned the
    > purpose of the work station before, I'm planning for a Work Station on
    > Windows 64 Bit OS for testing purposes in a lab environment in the fields
    > of
    > networking, administration and Graphics.
    >
    > I've contacted several vendors and manufacturers but they were unable to
    > guide me for the configuration since they most of them do not have the
    > drivers compatible for 64 bit OS.

    Maybe, perhaps you shouldn't burden those vendors with too many questions
    about your specific use. The motherboard - any board - would likely work if
    the BIOS has a suitable update available, question then is, what specific
    add-on hardware do you have in mind, check if those products will support
    the OS by way of drivers. It seems there are few categories that are not
    supported - specific brands are much more critical, though. Some detective
    work will have to be put into this, unless someone can hint you on a
    complete and ready-made package that will serve your needs.

    Further sources of information might include:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/

    and stuff like that, they have reports and tests on systems for many
    different jobs.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 8, 2006