    shutdown...and restart..

    Thank you

    Michael
    spikemike, Feb 22, 2006

  2. spikemike

    old jon Guest

    "spikemike" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi there...at the moment i keep my computer on day and night(this might
    > be the problem..!!) and download from various places..Bit Torrent
    > sites...and Newsgroups...every now and again i come home to find that
    > my internet section of my computer has froze and the only way to bring
    > it back to life is to resart my computer.....
    > so what i am asking is there a programme, or maybe something that comes
    > with Win xp, that i can programme into the computer, to do an automatic
    > shutdown...and restart..
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Michael

    Why don`t you have a look at your Event Viewer ?.
    You obviously have a system fault.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Feb 22, 2006

  3. spikemike

    da cheet Guest

    spikemike wrote:
    > so what i am asking is there a programme, or maybe something that comes
    > with Win xp, that i can programme into the computer, to do an automatic
    > shutdown...and restart..

    go into control panel, then scheduled tasks

    add a new scheduled task, and choose c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe
    (or wherever your windows directory is)

    once the task is created, right click the task and go to properties...

    then put these switches after shutdown.exe , to make it restart... make
    it look something like this:

    "%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe -r -t -00"
    da cheet, Feb 22, 2006
  4. spikemike

    Donald Guest

    "spikemike" <> wrote in message
    > hi there...at the moment i keep my computer on day and night(this might
    > be the problem..!!) and download from various places..Bit Torrent
    > sites...and Newsgroups...every now and again i come home to find that
    > my internet section of my computer has froze and the only way to bring
    > it back to life is to resart my computer.....
    > so what i am asking is there a programme, or maybe something that comes
    > with Win xp, that i can programme into the computer, to do an automatic
    > shutdown...and restart..
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Michael

    I leave mine on 24/7 running game servers an never had that problem but...
    my connect has froze downloading a torrent I turned off screen saver an just
    set monitors to go off in 20 miins then all was fine... look here there's
    some keep alive connection stuff
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Network_and_Internet/Keep_Alive_Tools/
    Donald, Feb 22, 2006
  5. spikemike

    Guest

    , Feb 22, 2006
  6. spikemike

    spikemike Guest

    Hi...thanks for the replies, and the info...
    I do realise that i have something up with my system, maybe the fact
    that i am running too much at the same time, and that i have too much
    on my hard drives, could well be a factor...

    But will have a look at the given info, and work something out

    Thanks again

    Michael
    spikemike, Feb 23, 2006