    point in the past. Are these worth looking into?

    Thanks,
    -Mark

    Spookshow, Jul 21, 2004

  2. I believe they are still available. The releases are not bad but they
    are not anamorphic, but 4:3 widescreen instead.

    If you have a regular TV this will make no difference (and the picture
    will be quite good)but it does make for less quality on a widescreen TV
    (or a TV with anamorphic squeeze).

    The sequels might get anamorphic relreleases in the future but I think a
    full blown SE treatment for any of them is unlikely. For one thing, the
    archival material from POTA is limited (almost all the stuff on the
    anniversery edition had been available from other releases most notably
    the image relese of Behind The Planet Of The Apes).

    If Fox was really inclined, they could restore the scenes and alternate
    takes from Conquest made to tone down the movie(as deleted or alternate
    scenes). Also on Battle they can have the scenes inserted into the movie
    for network TV (I have them through a DVD of an old Japanese laserdisc
    release). But I don't think Fox is inclined.

    Michael Rogers, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Spookshow

    Ronald Cole Guest

    "Spookshow" <> writes:
    > I'm interested in acquiring all of the original Planet of the Apes movies
    > from the 70s. I have the 35th anniversary edition of the first film - anyone
    > know if the rest of the series is slated for similar treatment? Also,
    > browsing amazon.com I see that there were some plain-jane releases at some
    > point in the past. Are these worth looking into?

    The boxed set is non-anamorphic. Fox, as many others, are cheap
    bastards.

    <sarcasm>
    So... don't expect to see the rest any time soon, but they will
    probably be done before Fox releases remastered Lost In Space DVDs.
    </sarcasm>

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

    Ronald Cole, Jul 22, 2004