Planes, Trains and Infrared Photography

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wayne J. Cosshall, Jun 25, 2007.

  1. Wayne J. Cosshall, Jun 25, 2007

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Jonathan Guest

    Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera
    > converted on infrared photography to:
    > http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Wayne

    Those are great. I enjoyed your work. Thanks for posting.

    Regards.

    Jon.
    Jonathan, Jun 25, 2007

  3. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Guest

    On 6 25 , 8 08 , "Wayne J. Cosshall" <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera converted
    > on infrared photography to:http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Wayne
    >
    > --
    > Wayne J. Cosshall
    > Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker,http://www.dimagemaker.com/
    > Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
    > Publisher, Experimental Digital Photographyhttp://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
    > Personal art sitehttp://www.cosshall.com/

    Very nice pictures!
    , Jun 25, 2007
  4. Wayne J. Cosshall

    k Guest

    "Wayne J. Cosshall" <> wrote in message
    | Hi All,
    |
    | I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera converted
    | on infrared photography to:
    | http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035

    just a thought..

    The shooting I've done with Kodak and Konica IR cut through haze like a
    knife. There were shots I made in the canadian Rockies where I could barely
    see the next mountain, yet after deving the film I could see to the horizon.

    I notice your IR converted camera tends to show the haze rather than cutting
    through it - have you done any tests to see what the relative sensitivity of
    the snesor is at various wavelengths?

    karl
    k, Jun 25, 2007
  5. Hi Karl,

    No I haven't but it's been on my list of things to do for awhile. It may
    not be so obvious from these shots but I have found my converted 350D
    does cut through the haze, at least a lot.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    Wayne J. Cosshall

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Jun 25, 2007
  6. Wayne J. Cosshall

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 24, 7:08 pm, "Wayne J. Cosshall" <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera converted
    > on infrared photography to:http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Wayne
    >
    > --
    > Wayne J. Cosshall
    > Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker,http://www.dimagemaker.com/
    > Blog http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
    > Publisher, Experimental Digital Photographyhttp://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
    > Personal art sitehttp://www.cosshall.com/

    What is more sensitive to IR, a converted CMOS camera or a CCD-based
    camera? I had heard that the Nikon D40 was the most IR-sensitive
    unmodified (aside from Leica's "mistake" with the M8) DSLR.
    RichA, Jun 25, 2007
  7. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Guest Guest

    In article <467f91c8$0$12845$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    01.iinet.net.au>, says...

    > I notice your IR converted camera tends to show the haze rather than cutting
    > through it - have you done any tests to see what the relative sensitivity of
    > the snesor is at various wavelengths?

    I've tried various filtration with my Fuji IS-1, from 720nm to 950nm.
    Haze penetration is definitely better with deeper filtration, but quite
    good even at 720nm.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jputnam/518759534/ is one example, a view
    of Mt Rainier from 40+ miles away.

    --