    5)Pass 622 for a MCITP

    Can I use all Cert labels on my resume (ex: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS and
    MCITP) or do some of them get washed out by the others?
    SlplessMike, Jun 21, 2007

  2. SlplessMike

    John R Guest

    #1 ok
    #2 ok - yes/MCDST
    #3 ok - yes/MCSA
    #4 ok - yes/MCSE and ok - yes/MCTS
    #5 ok - yes/MCITP

    I believe you can use all labels, but I am not 100% on that. Using MCSA and
    MCSE together is kind of redundant since on the 2003 platform MCSA is a
    subset of MCSE, but I still think it is ok. Also, to my knowledge there is
    nothing in the MCP agreement which precludes you from showing new gen labels
    (MCTS and MCITP) together with legacy labels (MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE)

    Once you have MCDST, you have the option of taking 621 instead of 620 and
    622 which gets you both MCTS and MCITP:Enterprise, but 621 does not (I
    believe) satisfy the MCSE elective (nor does MCDST, MCSA, MCTS or MCITP) so
    you would still want to fill that in. I've never taken any of the upgrade
    tests, but I hear a lot of people say they are harder. I did read somewhere
    however, that the upgrade tests for the new gen stuff will not be as
    difficult as in the past. Again, I've never taken any of them so maybe
    someone else can comment on that.

    John R
    John R, Jun 21, 2007

  3. "SlplessMike" <> wrote in message

    > Can anyone foresee any issues with this plan?
    > 1)Passed 271 (Now a MCP)
    > 2)Pass 272 for a MCDST
    > 3)Use the MCDST as an elective and pass 290, 291, and 270 for a MCSA
    > 2003
    > 4)Pass 293, 294, 298 and 620 for a MCSE 2003 (Will this also make a MCTS
    > because of 620?)
    > 5)Pass 622 for a MCITP
    >
    > Can I use all Cert labels on my resume (ex: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS
    > and
    > MCITP) or do some of them get washed out by the others?

    What experience do you have with Windows XP in a Domain Environment?
    What experience do you have administering a Windows 2003 Server and its
    services? Do you have experience in planning or securing such a network?
    What experience do you have deploying, administrating, diagnosing and
    troubleshooting Windows Vista in such an environment?

    If little or none, then there are your "foreseeable issues".
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jun 22, 2007