    Start menu), that new window displays slightly to the right of the
    existing window. I'd prefer to have Firefox windows always display at
    the same screen location. Does anyone know how I can do that?

    Andrew, Apr 18, 2007

  2. Andrew

    Guest

    On Apr 17, 10:51 pm, Andrew <> wrote:
    > How can I make new instances of Firefox always display at the same
    > screen location?
    >
    > When I start Firefox, the main window displays at the same screen
    > location that it was at when I last closed it. But when I open a
    > second window (Ctrl+N) or start a new instance of Firefox (via e.g the
    > Start menu), that new window displays slightly to the right of the
    > existing window. I'd prefer to have Firefox windows always display at
    > the same screen location. Does anyone know how I can do that?

    close the program, then delete the file localstore.rdf from the FF
    profile. Restart the program, reset all your settings and locations,
    close the program, then reopen it once again. Does it work now?

    , Apr 18, 2007

  3. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    On Apr 18, 5:10 pm, wrote:
    > On Apr 17, 10:51 pm, Andrew <> wrote:
    >
    > > How can I make new instances of Firefox always display at the same
    > > screen location?

    > > When I start Firefox, the main window displays at the same screen
    > > location that it was at when I last closed it. But when I open a
    > > second window (Ctrl+N) or start a new instance of Firefox (via e.g the
    > > Start menu), that new window displays slightly to the right of the
    > > existing window. I'd prefer to have Firefox windows always display at
    > > the same screen location. Does anyone know how I can do that?

    > close the program, then delete the file localstore.rdf from the FF
    > profile. Restart the program, reset all your settings and locations,
    > close the program, then reopen it once again. Does it work now?

    I think this window placement behaviour is by design. I assume it has
    the same motivation as the "Cascade" option in the "Window" menu of
    many older MDI applications.

    I observe the same behaviour on a fresh installation of Firefox.

    Andrew, Apr 18, 2007
  4. Andrew wrote:
    > On Apr 18, 5:10 pm, wrote:
    >> On Apr 17, 10:51 pm, Andrew <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> How can I make new instances of Firefox always display at the same
    >>> screen location?
    >>> When I start Firefox, the main window displays at the same screen
    >>> location that it was at when I last closed it. But when I open a
    >>> second window (Ctrl+N) or start a new instance of Firefox (via e.g the
    >>> Start menu), that new window displays slightly to the right of the
    >>> existing window. I'd prefer to have Firefox windows always display at
    >>> the same screen location. Does anyone know how I can do that?

    >> close the program, then delete the file localstore.rdf from the FF
    >> profile. Restart the program, reset all your settings and locations,
    >> close the program, then reopen it once again. Does it work now?

    > I think this window placement behaviour is by design. I assume it has
    > the same motivation as the "Cascade" option in the "Window" menu of
    > many older MDI applications.
    >
    > I observe the same behaviour on a fresh installation of Firefox.

    Did you follow the suggestion to remove localstore.rdf? Reinstalling
    Firefox will not correct the problem, since the problem is in the
    profile, which is not touched when you reinstall Firefox.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 18, 2007