    shipping on Saturday, so I would get it next Monday.
    Thus, paying for 24h delivery I got more that 96 hours - shame on
    Pixmania!!!

    Fakir, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Fakir wrote:
    > I ordered a camera online from Pixmania with 24h DHL Express delivery.
    > After 24 hours, the order was still with Pixmania. When I called
    > customer support demanding an explanation I got an impolite answer
    > that I had not read the small print, which should say that there were
    > additional 24 hours for backlog. Further, they explained that it would
    > not be possible to deliver my order in 48 hours because DHL was not
    > shipping on Saturday, so I would get it next Monday.
    > Thus, paying for 24h delivery I got more that 96 hours - shame on
    > Pixmania!!!

    Just the same delays here, except.....

    - the delivery label was stuck so badly that it came off in transit. My
    parcel was stuck at the delivery depot for some days until I tracked it to
    its last known destination, and the guys there had just got round to
    opening the parcel to find the delivery note inside.

    - there was no English language manual with the camera

    - there was a French and not a UK main connector on the charger

    Next time? Next time I pay a little more and go to Jessops (UK)!

    Fortunately there are new EU laws coming in to force which will provide
    the consumer with similar protection when purchasing from abroad as when
    purchasing locally.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Fakir

    g n p Guest

    You may also want to try Nomatica.

    g n p, Jul 1, 2005
  4. g n p wrote:
    > "Fakir" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I ordered a camera online from Pixmania with 24h DHL Express
    >> delivery. After 24 hours, the order was still with Pixmania. When I
    >> called customer support demanding an explanation I got an impolite
    >> answer that I had not read the small print, which should say that
    >> there were additional 24 hours for backlog. Further, they explained
    >> that it would not be possible to deliver my order in 48 hours
    >> because DHL was not shipping on Saturday, so I would get it next
    >> Monday. Thus, paying for 24h delivery I got more that 96 hours - shame
    >> on
    >> Pixmania!!!

    > You may also want to try Nomatica.

    Are you saying they are just as bad?

    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Fakir

    g n p Guest

    "David J Taylor"
    <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid> wrote in
    message news:r5axe.60165$...

    > g n p wrote:
    >> "Fakir" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I ordered a camera online from Pixmania with 24h DHL Express
    >>> delivery. After 24 hours, the order was still with Pixmania. When I
    >>> called customer support demanding an explanation I got an impolite
    >>> answer that I had not read the small print, which should say that
    >>> there were additional 24 hours for backlog. Further, they explained
    >>> that it would not be possible to deliver my order in 48 hours
    >>> because DHL was not shipping on Saturday, so I would get it next
    >>> Monday. Thus, paying for 24h delivery I got more that 96 hours - shame
    >>> on
    >>> Pixmania!!!

    >> You may also want to try Nomatica.
    >>

    > Are you saying they are just as bad?
    >
    > David

    No, I meant same kind of internet shop.

    g n p, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Fakir

    Mike Henley Guest

    Fakir wrote:
    > I ordered a camera online from Pixmania with 24h DHL Express delivery.
    > After 24 hours, the order was still with Pixmania. When I called
    > customer support demanding an explanation I got an impolite answer that
    > I had not read the small print, which should say that there were
    > additional 24 hours for backlog. Further, they explained that it would
    > not be possible to deliver my order in 48 hours because DHL was not
    > shipping on Saturday, so I would get it next Monday.
    > Thus, paying for 24h delivery I got more that 96 hours - shame on
    > Pixmania!!!

    My experience with them was very positive.

    Mike Henley, Jul 1, 2005