    Is there a fairly simple way to accomplish that with Photoshop?

    Thanks!
    Optiker

    CR Optiker, Nov 4, 2004

  2. CR Optiker <> wrote in
    news:1q2xuemlx3hac$.17cwk9vbogjpc$:

    > I have an 8-bit grayscale image and want to extract the pixel values
    > to an array, to Excel, to a CSV text file, or to what some apps refer
    > to as a text image. I have apps that will do that - for example,
    > ImageJ allows SaveTo as a text file, and ImagePro has a BitMap
    > Analysis function that allows DDE to Excel, copy to clipboard, or save
    > to a text file.
    >
    > Unfortunately, the only app I will have available to do that with is
    > Photoshop. I have looked over the menus, searched (but probably missed
    > the correct key words), browsed the HELP index, and haven't found
    > anything like that. I don't know enough about image formats ata
    > detailed enough level to just save to an image file and manually
    > extract the pixel values.
    >
    > Is there a fairly simple way to accomplish that with Photoshop?

    No. You cannot do it just like that in photoshop.

    You can save as Photoshop RAW format. It is just the RAW bytes
    in binary format. Should be very easy to convert to what you
    want with a simple program.

    You can also download the freeware program IrfanView. It supports
    lots of formats. You can e.g. save as a text based PPM file.
    This should be very easy to convert.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Nov 4, 2004