    lens used. what might be the problem here? any help appreciated.

    thanks,
    bala

    bv, May 31, 2007

  2. bv

    Jim Townsend Guest

    bv wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > for some of the photos taken using my eos 20d, i have started noticing
    > a black spot. please see the photos in my flickr set:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/_aperture/sets/72157600293059088/
    >
    > i started noticing it recently and seem to be visible under some
    > exposures. size seems to change (though i am not very sure of it!).
    > i first suspected some particle on the lens, but i tried with
    > different lenses, and the problem seem to be there irrespective of the
    > lens used. what might be the problem here? any help appreciated.

    It looks like a speck of dust on your sensor.. See below:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=camera sensor cleaning&btnG=Google Search

    Jim Townsend, May 31, 2007

  3. bv

    X-Man Guest

    On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:58:33 -0500, Jim Townsend <> wrote:

    >bv wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> for some of the photos taken using my eos 20d, i have started noticing
    >> a black spot. please see the photos in my flickr set:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/_aperture/sets/72157600293059088/
    >>
    >> i started noticing it recently and seem to be visible under some
    >> exposures. size seems to change (though i am not very sure of it!).
    >> i first suspected some particle on the lens, but i tried with
    >> different lenses, and the problem seem to be there irrespective of the
    >> lens used. what might be the problem here? any help appreciated.

    >It looks like a speck of dust on your sensor.. See below:
    >
    >http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=camera sensor cleaning&btnG=Google Search

    OH NO!

    Yet another many days/weeks of photographs ruined by dust on a DSLR sensor? Only
    to be discovered AFTER returning from a vacation or extensive and important
    once-in-a-lifetime photography trek into some remote region? Photos that could
    never be duplicated again, destroyed by something as simple as a micro-specks of
    dust on a DSLR sensor from HAVING TO change over-priced and over-weight lenses
    on that fancy and overpriced DSLR body?

    If the "rare" (cough) reports of this keep up people might just end up switching
    to advanced P&S cameras with sealed lens systems.

    Oh wait. They already have. Those photographers that are smart enough and care
    more about their photography than trying to impress others with dust-crippled,
    overpriced, overweight hardware that they can buy, so they can look like a
    "photographer" -- and yet never actually be one.

    DSLR = a $5000 useless, backbreaking, gawdy necklace.

    X-Man, May 31, 2007
  4. X-Man wrote:

    > OH NO!
    >
    > Yet another many days/weeks of photograph

    Post your proof, you addled twat!

    --
    lsmft

    John McWilliams, May 31, 2007