  1. hi pics on internet explorer is all pixalated not sharp that it use to
    be. can anyone tell me how to fix it

    thanks Victor

    Victor Tonkin, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Victor Tonkin

    Max Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:22:26 +1300, Victor Tonkin
    <> wrote:

    >harp that it use to
    >be. can anyone tell me how to fix it
    >
    >thanks Victor

    Are you using slipstream compression on a dialup?

    Max, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Victor Tonkin

    PseUDO Guest

    Victor Tonkin wrote:

    > hi pics on internet explorer is all pixalated not sharp that it use to
    > be. can anyone tell me how to fix it
    >
    > thanks Victor

    In internet Explorer go to tools, internet options,advanced, and scroll
    down do the Multimedia section and make sure the tick box that says
    "Enable automatic image resizing" is not ticked.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Victor Tonkin

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Victor Tonkin" <> wrote in message
    > hi pics on internet explorer is all pixalated not sharp that it use to
    > be. can anyone tell me how to fix it
    >
    > thanks Victor

    3X faster surfing perhaps from your ISP. :)
    You didn't bother trying it did you?

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Victor Tonkin

    Brendan Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:22:26 +1300, Victor Tonkin wrote:

    > hi pics on internet explorer is all pixalated not sharp that it use to
    > be. can anyone tell me how to fix it
    >
    > thanks Victor

    1. Check for adware/trojans/viruses. Use Ad-aware and spybot search and
    destroy. Be careful to get the real ones as there are some scam sites out
    there. Keep them up to date.

    2. Some internet accelerator software achieves it's speed by re-compressing
    the pictures with a low quality setting before sending them to you.

    3. IE will automatically scale large pictures to fit inside your window. If
    the mouse point is left over the picture for a few seconds a expansion
    button appears in the bottom right corner. Click it.

    4. Some filtering/censoring software may blur pictures. Maybe it's being
    over zealous IF on your machine at all.

    5. Maybe be a corrupted IE update from MS, or corrupted setting. Common.
    Fix = reinstall windows.

    I'm betting it's some spyware/trojan vandalism.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Wobbler thought that California was where good people went when they died." -- Terry Pratchett, _Only You Can Save Mankind_

    Note: All comments are copyright 27/02/2004 1:42:31 a.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Feb 26, 2004