    I'm looking for a way to block all acces from non-authorised
    MAC-addresses, even to obtaining an IP-address from DHCPD on a PIX 501

    Anyone have an idea on how to do that..??
    Iskander, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Iskander

    Cen Guest

    You might want to use a switch as access layer, which can do mac-address
    filtering, or 802.1x authentication

    Cen, Oct 4, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    Iskander <> wrote:
    :I'm looking for a way to block all acces from non-authorised
    :MAC-addresses, even to obtaining an IP-address from DHCPD on a PIX 501

    :Anyone have an idea on how to do that..??

    You cannot do that on a PIX 501. The only MAC level control you
    have is with respect to VPN traffic, via the "mac-list" configuration
    commands.

    PIX 7.0 might have more, but PIX 7.0 is not supported on the 501.
    --
    University of Calgary researcher Christopher Auld has found that
    milk is the most "rational addiction" amongst the several studied.
    Walter Roberson, Oct 4, 2005