    ports.
    Thanks,
    Al

    Al, Jun 6, 2005

  2. "Al" <> wrote:

    > We have a PIX 515 connected to our T1 line.
    > We want to add a DSL line so that we can do
    > a load balance between the two ISPs.
    > Can I do that with a PIX Firewall?

    Sorry, but that's not possible. PIX is just
    a firewall so you need more equipment to
    do load balancing.

    Jyri Korhonen, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Al

    Al Guest

    "Jyri Korhonen" <> wrote in message
    > "Al" <> wrote:
    >
    > > We have a PIX 515 connected to our T1 line.
    > > We want to add a DSL line so that we can do
    > > a load balance between the two ISPs.
    > > Can I do that with a PIX Firewall?

    > Sorry, but that's not possible. PIX is just
    > a firewall so you need more equipment to
    > do load balancing.

    Thanks for you reply.
    But the SonicWall 2040 Pro is also a Firewall.
    I heard rumors that PIX IOS 7.0 will be able to do the load balancing
    between two ISPs using the E0 and one of the DMZ port.
    Is that true?
    Thanks,
    Al

    Al, Jun 6, 2005
  4. "Al" <> wrote:

    >> Sorry, but that's not possible. PIX is just
    >> a firewall so you need more equipment to
    >> do load balancing.

    > I heard rumors that PIX IOS 7.0 will be able to
    > do the load balancing between two ISPs using the
    > E0 and one of the DMZ port. Is that true?

    I'm not using 7.0, but you can check this issue
    from Cisco's documentation:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_70/index.htm

    Jyri Korhonen, Jun 7, 2005
  5. [..]

    Maybe with PIX 7.0 in ACTIVE ACTIVE mode. Not sure but I suggest yuo get it
    in google.

    Regards,

    Dima

    Dimitri Petrovich, Jun 7, 2005