PIX VPN Problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Peter, Jul 28, 2004.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hello,

    I've recently set up a PIX 515E, in our head office, to allow a VPN
    tunnel between here and some branch sites.

    The tunnel is working perfectly and the remote offices can communicate
    with head office no problem. However, hosts in one remote office are
    unable to communicate with hosts in the other remote office.

    There is a 501E at each branch office. The VPN is configured manually
    (not using EasyVPN).

    Whilst pinging from one remote site to the other I executed the
    command 'debug icmp trace' on the all three PIXies. The central PIX
    recieves the echo requests but does not seem to forward them.

    Is this behaviour by design?

    Do you have to somehow explicitly state that traffic may flow between
    remote VPN connections?

    Are there any other relevant show/debug commands I should issue to
    find out why the packets are being dropped?

    Thanks in advance for your help,

    Peter
    Peter, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Peter

    Waskana Guest

    It is not possible to communicate between the branch sites.
    In this case you should build a vpn tunnel between the branch offices, this
    will work.

    Waskana, Jul 28, 2004