Pix VPN Passthrough

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mark Kingery, Jan 22, 2004.

  1. Mark Kingery

    Mark Kingery Guest

    I have a problem that I am stummped on.

    I have a really simple network.

    My network is 192.168.100.X

    My default gateway is 192.168.100.254 that is my PIX inside interface
    clients use this for Internet access.

    On the inside I hand out DHCP with DNS settings.

    When the clients connect to my network they can hit www.mywebsite.com
    at 192.168.100.239

    on the internet you can hit www.mywebsite.com at the outside internet
    IP where I have the pix doing the translation.

    Problem I have is that I have contractors in here that use a Cisco VPN
    connection on their Windows 2000/XP boxes to get to thier home office.

    The issue is that when they connect to thier VPN, the VPN session
    takes over for the Clients DNS settings. So when I do an nslookup for
    www.mywebsite.com it is giving it the internet address. They cannot
    hit the internet address from my inside network through the pix.

    Host files work, but that is not an option. I cannot configure the
    webserver to handle requests any differant way.

    So I need a network option. These are not my clients so I do not want
    to mess with the machines. The company tech support has not been any
    help.

    Looking for any ideas that anyone might have what I can do.

    Thanks
    Mark

    Mark Kingery, Jan 22, 2004