    so that i would have only one downtime.

    any help would be great

    , Feb 26, 2006

  2. Merv Guest

    I would think that you would want to run the existing software and
    configuration with the new memory for awhile to ensure that there are
    no issue before upgrading to 7.x

    Merv, Feb 26, 2006

  3. On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 06:24:41 -0800, ghsu2001 wrote:

    > Hello
    > I'm upgrading PIX 515e(with failover) ver 6.33 to ver 7.04 since the
    > downtime is a big issue i wonder if it would be ok to start the upgrade
    > proccess (copy tftp flash:image)
    > with the 64 mb and only after that when i do the reload to add the 128
    > mb ram so that i would have only one downtime.
    >
    > any help would be great

    How to safely upgrade a PIX failover pair has been discussed in detail on
    this newsgroup many times, and hopefully will make it into a new and
    improved FAQ some day (hint, hint, Hansang). See, for example,
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp...read/thread/fbf18b8fc3e9f96f/f7175570698ab378

    Good luck and have fun!

    http://www.networkingunlimited.com

    Vincent C Jones, Feb 28, 2006