PIX to Linksys VPN

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Groundzero, Dec 23, 2010.

  1. Groundzero

    Groundzero

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I am trying to create a vpn tunnel between a PIX 506E and a Linksys RV042. I have configured Phase 1 and Phase 2 as well as the transform set and interested traffic and tied it to the outside interface but it will not create the tunnel. The configurations are as follows:

    PIX 506E running IOS 6.3

    isakmp policy 40 encryption 3des
    isakmp policy 40 hash sha
    isakmp policy 40 group 2
    isakmp policy 40 lifetime 86400
    isakmp key ******** address 96.10.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.255
    access-list 101 permit ip 192.168.21.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0crypto map Columbia_to_Office 10 ipsec-isakmp
    crypto map Columbia_to_Office 10 match address 101
    crypto map Columbia_to_Office 10 set peer 96.10.xxx.xxx
    crypto map Columbia_to_Office 10 set transform-set ESP-3DES-SHA
    crypto map Columbia_to_Office interface outside

    Linksys RV042

    Local Group Setup
    IP Only
    IP Address: 96.10.xxx.xxx
    Local Security Group Type: Subnet
    IP Address: 192.168.1.0
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

    Remote Group Setup
    IP Only
    IP Address: 66.192.xxx.xxx
    Remote Security Group Type: Subnet
    IP Address: 192.168.21.0
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

    IPSec Setup
    Keying Mode: IKE with Preshared key
    Phase1 DH Group: Group2
    Phase1 Encryption: 3DES
    Phase1 Authentication: SHA1
    Phase1 SA Lifetime: 86400

    Phase2 Encryption: 3DES
    Phase2 Authentication: SHA1
    Phase2 SA Lifetime: 3600 seconds
    Preshared Key ********

    I am a bit of a novice on VPN. Thank you in advance for your expertise.

    Groundzero, Dec 23, 2010

  2. Groundzero

    tsimmons

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2009
    Messages:
    10
    It was a couple of years ago when I had to do the same thing as what your doing now.

    What I remember was that make sure that both SA Lifetimes are the same on the PIX and Linksys.

    tsimmons, Dec 23, 2010