    I can be reached via e-mail at
    cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

    Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

    Brian Bergin, Jul 9, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Brian Bergin <> wrote:
    :Is it possible to create a VPN connection starting at a PIX 501 running
    :6.3.3(132) and ending on a Linksys BEFSX41?

    It should be possible. Please see

    http://www.linksys.com/support/top1... a VPN tunnel between two BEFSX41 routers.asp

    and in particular the 'Remote Security Gateway' section.

    :Key mgt is Auto IKE with PFS enabled.

    Turning off PFS might help. I don't recall the details at all, but
    I remember seeing that under some circumstances, you don't want PFS with
    the PIX. [My vague recollection is that it had to do with AES, but I
    am not at all certain about that.]

    Walter Roberson, Jul 9, 2004