PIX - Static mappings to hosts on remote subnets behind PIX

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by btercha@omegasystemscorp.com, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello -
    I was wondering if it is possible to setup static mappings to hosts on
    remote IP subnets that are behind the PIX. For example:

    Pix outside 1.1.1.1
    Pix inside 172.16.144.1

    router 172.16.144.2 int e0
    router 172.16.145.1 int e1

    host 172.16.145.2

    The host has its default gateway at 172.16.145.1 and has full IP
    connectivity both ways to the PIX and can get out to the internet. Can
    I do a static NAT or PAT to the host 172.16.145.2? If so how is this
    accomplished? I have tried this without success, I am able to create
    static mappings to hosts that are on the same IP subnet as the inside
    interface but not to hosts that are on remote IP subnets.

    Thanks,
    Ben

    , Aug 22, 2006

  2. Brian V Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello -
    > I was wondering if it is possible to setup static mappings to hosts on
    > remote IP subnets that are behind the PIX. For example:
    >
    > Pix outside 1.1.1.1
    > Pix inside 172.16.144.1
    >
    > router 172.16.144.2 int e0
    > router 172.16.145.1 int e1
    >
    > host 172.16.145.2
    >
    > The host has its default gateway at 172.16.145.1 and has full IP
    > connectivity both ways to the PIX and can get out to the internet. Can
    > I do a static NAT or PAT to the host 172.16.145.2? If so how is this
    > accomplished? I have tried this without success, I am able to create
    > static mappings to hosts that are on the same IP subnet as the inside
    > interface but not to hosts that are on remote IP subnets.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ben

    sure can, done the same as any other static...
    for nat
    static (inside,outside) <outside ip> <inside ip> netmask 255.255.255.255
    for pat
    number> netmask 255.255.255.255

    make sure the pix has a route for that other subnet (route inside
    172.16.45.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.144.2

    Brian V, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Guest

    Thank you for your reply, I will try it again.

    Thanks,
    Ben