PIX static IP and DNS

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by PIXn00b, Nov 6, 2006.

1. PIXn00b

PIXn00b

Hosts on inside interface can not talk with external IP on outside interface. PIX 501

How do I allow hosts on the inside of the PIX to communicate with a seperat host on the inside of my pix when I'm using PAT.

I have a nice little set up with a Cisco PIX and a comcast static IP.

I can hit my static IP from outside our network just fine on port 80 and I'm redirected to our internal webserver.

However, I can not hit the same IP address(outside interface address) from within our office and would like to be able to do so since our DNS record points out the static IP.

It would seem that the issue is out PAt rule tranlates our address from our local address to the outside address, and then wants to connect to the same address that the traffic is comming from, which does not seem to be permited.

What rule or rules do I need to add to allow a host from the inside interface to view content on port 80 on the outside interface address?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
    PIXn00b, Nov 6, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. PIXn00b

PIXn00b

I think I could get the correct access rule if I could run this first, but NO-GO:

same-security-traffic permit inter-interface

PIXn00b, Nov 6, 2006
    1. Advertising