    INSIDE interface, changed it's internal IP address, but all to no
    avail.

    please help
    SynerJay, Jan 12, 2006

  2. SynerJay

    Tommy Guest

    Have you tried applying a rule on the firewall to allow ICMP to the
    interface on the firewall and then try pinging and see if you do get
    the same results. Then remove the rule and try pinging again. Has the
    firewall software been upgraded recently? Have the firewalls been
    rebooted lately?
    Tommy, Jan 13, 2006

  3. SynerJay

    Guest

    Just curious - You mentioned they were part of a Failover. Are you
    sure one of the two models is not licened for just Fail over? If you
    bought these as a failover bundle, most likely you have Unrestricted on
    one, but Failover on the other.

    If this is the case, Cisco has built-in various protection to prevent
    you from running them independantly.

    I'd verify this before doing anything else by viewing the actual
    license paramaters.

    ~Ryan
    , Jan 17, 2006
  4. SynerJay

    Guest

    This happened to me once on a new install, the fix was to turn off
    "spanningtree portfast" on the ports of the switch that the Pix
    connected to, I know it sounds stupid but it flat out would not work
    with porfast.
    , Jan 17, 2006