    Hope my question makes sense.
    Thanks,
    Al

    al, Jul 31, 2004

  2. al

    Russel Smith Guest

    Do you work for my County? We have exactly the same setup, and problem. Our
    solution is to reverse the DHCP scope on the PIX 501. Allow the County PC to
    pick up a single DHCP address, so it can use DHCP at both locations. Set the
    home PC's up as Static addresses. (We use a /29 scope at the client end, 6
    IP addresses should be plenty for a home network.) The VPN rules should
    still work, as the Laptop will still have the same IP address assigned, just
    by DHCP, not static.

    "al" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I need help and I have a question regarding a PIX 501 and a VPN
    > We have a remote user setup to have her home DSL computer split tunnel
    > between a County laptop and a home computer so that they don't see each
    > other.
    > The home pc gets a DHCP from the pix and it lets her go to the internet
    > provided by the DSL.
    > The laptop has a static IP that is routed from the PIX to the internal
    > Network of the County. Seamless...
    > The problem is when she comes into her office at the County and cannot
    > change her Static IP to DHCP and get on the network. We cant allow that

    and
    > her Replicator that she docks to cannot just give her a DHCP address.
    > The question I have is can the PIX do a split DHCP? Someone told me it

    cant.

    Russel Smith, Aug 2, 2004