    It's PIX version 6.3(3). Any ideas on what I can check? Thanks in
    advance.
    Greg

    Greg, May 20, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Greg <> wrote:
    :I have a PIX 515E that after being on for a random amount of time
    :(from 5 mins to a few hours) it just reboots. Then it boots into
    :flash for a few seconds then reboots again and keeps going in this
    :cycle.

    :It's PIX version 6.3(3). Any ideas on what I can check?

    Airflow, loose power connector?

    (If it had been a 506 or 515 there would be an additional possibility.)

    --
    millihamlet: the average coherency of prose created by a single monkey
    typing randomly on a keyboard. Usenet postings may be rated in mHl.

    Walter Roberson, May 21, 2004

  3. Greg

    Greg Guest

    -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote in message news:<c8jgaj$4bg$>...
    > In article <>,
    > Greg <> wrote:
    > :I have a PIX 515E that after being on for a random amount of time
    > :(from 5 mins to a few hours) it just reboots. Then it boots into
    > :flash for a few seconds then reboots again and keeps going in this
    > :cycle.
    >
    > :It's PIX version 6.3(3). Any ideas on what I can check?
    >
    > Airflow, loose power connector?
    >
    > (If it had been a 506 or 515 there would be an additional possibility.)

    It doesn't seem to be hardware related...I put 6.2 on it last night
    and it hasn't rebooted yet, so maybe it's a problem with 6.3?

    Greg, May 21, 2004
  4. Greg

    Rik Bain Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 06:44:54 -0500, Greg wrote:

    > -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote in message
    >> In article <>, Greg
    >> <> wrote:
    >> :I have a PIX 515E that after being on for a random amount of time
    >> :(from 5 mins to a few hours) it just reboots. Then it boots into
    >> :flash for a few seconds then reboots again and keeps going in this
    >> :cycle.
    >>
    >> :It's PIX version 6.3(3). Any ideas on what I can check?
    >>
    >> Airflow, loose power connector?
    >>
    >> (If it had been a 506 or 515 there would be an additional possibility.)

    > It doesn't seem to be hardware related...I put 6.2 on it last night and
    > it hasn't rebooted yet, so maybe it's a problem with 6.3?

    Does it produce tracebacks when it reloads?

    Rik Bain, May 21, 2004