pix policy nat small oddity

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Walter Roberson, Jul 12, 2005.

  1. This won't be of interest to very many people ;-)

    For those of you who have programs that parse PIX syslog messages:

    I happened to notice this morning that %PIX-6-305009
    'built static translation' has a slightly different format when
    policy static is being used:

    Jul 12 08:46:35 6V:ibdhalpixX Jul 12 2005 08:45:11: %PIX-6-305009: Built static translation from inside:10.0.0.1 to outside(map10_acl):123.45.67.89

    The (map10_acl) part is the name of the ACL that was matched in
    determining the translation. With non-policy translations, there would
    be nothing between the interface name and the : followed by the
    translated IP.

    I don't know yet whether the corresponding translation destroyed message
    will mention the ACL.

    This will complicate parsing a bit, as '(' and ')' are legal characters
    in interface names (as is ':')
    --
    Ceci, ce n'est pas une idée.
    Walter Roberson, Jul 12, 2005