    cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

    Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

    NOTICE: Use of this information is contingent upon acceptance of Paragraph 17 of Terabyte's Terms and conditions located at http://terabyte.net/terms.htm#postings.
    Brian Bergin, Jan 24, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    Brian Bergin <> wrote:
    >We semi-retired our 501's and 506e's from several locations due to no v7 OS from
    >Cisco for them. We also allowed our SmartNet accounts to expire. Has Cisco
    >released a version of 7 that will run on them?

    No, and people around here have pretty much stopped talking about it
    so I would speculate that the people with NDAs aren't getting anything
    solid either (e.g., not even betas.) But I'm not under NDA so I'm
    just going by the rumour mill.
    Walter Roberson, Jan 24, 2006

  3. In article <>, Brian Bergin <> writes:
    >We semi-retired our 501's and 506e's from several locations due to no v7 OS from
    >Cisco for them. We also allowed our SmartNet accounts to expire. Has Cisco
    >released a version of 7 that will run on them? If so, we'll pay for SmartNet
    >again and upgrade, otherwise I guess we'll just ebay them and be done with it.

    Today I heard a presentation of a Cisco technician. He stated clearley that
    there will be no V7 for the 501 nd 506 boxes. He said further that some of
    the V7 features will likely be incorporated in some later V6.x versions.

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany