    How PIX will know wich subnet is behind wich peer?

    thanks!

    , Apr 1, 2005

  2. mcaissie Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:qlzj96t9icrk.6cx0lnf2zytl$...
    > If I want to have several simultanious ipsec tunnels with remote non cisco
    > routers with dynamic IP addresses, can I configure PIX using dynamic map?
    > How PIX will know wich subnet is behind wich peer?
    >
    > thanks!

    Yes you can.

    In a dynamic map you can still create an entry per tunnel an specify
    parameters
    such as the match address

    no] crypto dynamic-map dynamic-map-name dynamic-seq-num match address
    acl_name

    To only problem is that only the remote site will be able to initiate the
    tunnel. But depending on your needs it may not be a problem.

    mcaissie, Apr 1, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:52:07 GMT, mcaissie wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> If I want to have several simultanious ipsec tunnels with remote non cisco
    >> routers with dynamic IP addresses, can I configure PIX using dynamic map?
    >> How PIX will know wich subnet is behind wich peer?
    >>
    >> thanks!

    > Yes you can.
    >
    > In a dynamic map you can still create an entry per tunnel an specify
    > parameters
    > such as the match address
    >
    > no] crypto dynamic-map dynamic-map-name dynamic-seq-num match address
    > acl_name
    >
    > To only problem is that only the remote site will be able to initiate the
    > tunnel. But depending on your needs it may not be a problem.

    I hope it will work, next week I will get additional equipement and try
    with several tunnels. But I still do not understand how PIX will know wich
    IP subnet is behind which peer. Peers are routers with wan interface to
    provider (dynamic addresses), and eth to network with devices that need
    secure communication to central site

    thanks

    , Apr 2, 2005