    Anyone has idea?

    Thanks a lot,

    Ste
    Ste, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Ste

    PES Guest

    "Ste" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have issued logging timestamp on PIX, but never seen date/time associated
    > with log messages. I am checking the logs from telnet session only. No
    > syslog to other machine is configured.
    >
    > Anyone has idea?
    >
    > Thanks a lot,
    >
    > Ste

    I think the timestamp will only appear in a syslog log, not the buffer. :(
    PES, Sep 4, 2004

  3. Ste

    none Guest

    "PES" <NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE**SUCKS> wrote in message
    > I think the timestamp will only appear in a syslog log, not the buffer. :(

    none replies ...

    If I do "show pdm log" I get timestamps on my PIX...

    3|Sep 03 2004 21:00:42|313001: Denied ICMP type=8, code=0 from
    xxx.xxx.xxx.166 on interface 0

    Here are my logging related commands ...

    logging on
    logging timestamp
    logging trap debugging
    logging host inside myloghost