PIX Local director.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by turnip, Oct 1, 2007.

  1. turnip

    turnip Guest

    I just picked up a cheap PIX Localdirector (the PC based one). It has
    2 ethernet cards, and one db9 serial on teh back for console access.

    When I try to access it via minicom I get this:

    Welcome to minicom 2.1

    Compiled on Sep 4 2006, 11:18:23.

    Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

    PIX Bios V2.7

    Booting Floppy

    128MB RAM
    Flash=AT29C040A @ 0x300
    mcwa i82557 Ethernet at irq 10 MAC: 00a0.c9ab.8917
    mcwa i82557 Ethernet at irq 9 MAC: 00a0.c9ab.891b
    AMCC Chip Address: fe80
    Indirect Address Register: fcc0
    Indirect Data Register: fd80
    IRQ: 10

    || ||
    || ||
    |||| ||||
    ..:||||||:..:||||||:..
    c i s c o S y s t e m s
    Private Internet eXchange

    PIX Firewall

    PIX Version 4.4(9)
    Licensed Connections: 128

    ****************************** Warning
    *******************************
    An encryption device has been discovered.

    This product is not authorized for use by persons located outside
    the
    United States and Canada that do not have export license authority
    from Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or the U.S. Government.
    This product may not be exported outside the U.S. and Canada either
    by
    physical or electronic means without the prior written approval of
    Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or the U.S. Government.
    Persons outside the U.S. and Canada may not reexport, resell, or
    transfer this product by either physical or electronic means without
    prior written approval of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or U.S.
    Government.
    ******************************* Warning
    *******************************

    Copyright (c) 1996-2000 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

    Restricted Rights Legend

    Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is
    subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph
    (c) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted
    Rights clause at FAR sec. 52.227-19 and subparagraph
    (c) (1) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer
    Software clause at DFARS sec. 252.227-7013.

    Cisco Systems, Inc.
    170 West Tasman Drive
    San Jose, California 95134-1706

    Cryptochecksum(changed): d41d8cd9 8f00b204 e9800998 ecf8427e
    Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.
    pixfirewall>

    and then it just freezes, no input is taken. My port setting is the
    same for my switch here 9600 8N1 no flow control

    Is this thing dead, anyone have any suggestions? I am using the blue
    rolled cable, and the two rj45-db9 adaptors on each end.

    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    turnip, Oct 1, 2007