    proxy?

    Regards
    Sean
    Sean James, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Sean James

    Rik Bain Guest

    On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 01:59:22 -0600, Sean James wrote:

    > When I scan my pix with a program called retina, it tells me that the
    > pix is a anonymous proxy. How can I stop people using the pix as an
    > anonymous proxy?
    >
    > Regards
    > Sean

    What makes you think that people are using it as an anonymous proxy?
    What methods does the application use to determine this? If someone were
    to tell you that your pix was a banana, would you believe them?
    Rik Bain, Dec 8, 2003

  3. In article <br1aua$c1d$>,
    Sean James <> wrote:
    :When I scan my pix with a program called retina, it tells me that the pix is
    :a anonymous proxy. How can I stop people using the pix as an anonymous
    :proxy?

    Did you scan it from the inside or the outside?

    I suspect the Description you are seeing is,

    Retina has detected an HTTP proxy running on
    the scanned host that will process requests
    without user authentication. An anonymous proxy
    may be accessed without its owner's knowledge
    by malicious users and other individuals, in order
    to make their online actions more difficult to trace.

    There -is- a sense in which that is true for the PIX. If you
    want to require your inside users to authenticate to the PIX
    in order to be allowed out, then configure AAA. See the
    Configuration Guide for more information about the steps involved.

    Note: you will pretty much need to set up either RADIUS or TACACS+
    to do this properly. That implies you will need a server machine
    for the RADIUS or TACACS+ server to run on. There -are- free servers
    available, but your choice will be somewhat constrained by which
    OS is on your server machine.

    --
    Feep if you love VT-52's.
    Walter Roberson, Dec 8, 2003