    4507=======PIX======1760

    I have an IPSEC tunnel setup between the Pix and 1760 that part works fine.
    Is there anyway to get routing info on the 1760 via OSPF?
    Jason Burton, Apr 2, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Jason Burton <> wrote:
    :Currently with my setup I have

    :4507=======PIX======1760

    :I have an IPSEC tunnel setup between the Pix and 1760 that part works fine.
    :Is there anyway to get routing info on the 1760 via OSPF?

    I'm not sure, as I haven't worked with OSPF. I think you might be
    able to do it, though. On the PIX, you can configure OSPF. and you
    can configure redistributions to pass the OSPF information on to another
    location. I can't think of any reason that other site could not be on
    the other side of an IPSec tunnel.

    OSPF... I seem to recall that uses multicast? If so, then you would have
    to make sure that the tunnel ACL included the appropriate multicast address.
    And you might have to work with the PIX 'multicast' command.

    --
    Usenet is one of those "Good News/Bad News" comedy routines.
    Walter Roberson, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Jason Burton

    John Guest

    Can you run eigrp on the pix. I was told the only routing protocol you can
    run on the pix is rip only. I might be wrong.

    John, Apr 3, 2004
  4. In article <K_nbc.1207$>,
    John <> wrote:
    :Can you run eigrp on the pix.

    No.

    :I was told the only routing protocol you can
    :run on the pix is rip only. I might be wrong.

    The PIX will listen to RIP1 and RIP2 routes, and will broadcast
    RIP1 or RIP2 default routes (but nothing more complicated). PIX with
    6.3 software can also do OSPF.
    --
    "Meme" is self-referential; memes exist if and only if the "meme" meme
    exists. "Meme" is thus logically a meta-meme; but until the existance
    Walter Roberson, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Jason Burton

    mh Guest

    mh, Apr 7, 2004