    7.1(2)27
    7.1(2)28

    etc.

    pand0ra.usa, Nov 13, 2007

  2. pand0ra.usa

    Brian V Guest

    "pand0ra.usa" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ok, I am trying to find the latest release of this version, can anyone
    > point me to something on Cisco's site that list all of the IOS
    > versions and release dates?
    >

    > 7.1(2)24
    > 7.1(2)25
    > 7.1(2)26
    > 7.1(2)27
    > 7.1(2)28
    >
    > etc.

    Your not gonna find it. The last 2 digits are interim release identifiers
    and were only available thru special file access setup by TAC to address a
    specific need.
    The release versions go:
    7.1
    7.1(1) released 6FEB06
    7.1(2) released 15MAR06
    etc.
    Those release dates are in the download area of the software on CCO.

    Brian V, Nov 14, 2007

  3. pand0ra.usa

    pand0ra.usa Guest

    Thanks! That is what I needed to hear!

    pand0ra.usa, Nov 14, 2007
  4. pand0ra.usa

    Guest

    On Nov 13, 6:35 pm, "pand0ra.usa" <> wrote:
    > Ok, I am trying to find the latest release of this version, can anyone
    > point me to something on Cisco's site that list all of the IOS
    > versions and release dates?
    >
    > 7.1(2)24
    > 7.1(2)25
    > 7.1(2)26
    > 7.1(2)27
    > 7.1(2)28
    >
    > etc.

    the latest interim release is 7.1.2.53 and could be found here:
    http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix-interim?sort=release

    but why to use 7.1 interim if 7.2.3 is available?

    hope this helped
    Roman Nakhmanson

    P.S. there is also 8.0.3 (with EIGRP support) out there :cool:

    , Nov 14, 2007
  5. pand0ra.usa

    Brian V Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Nov 13, 6:35 pm, "pand0ra.usa" <> wrote:
    >> Ok, I am trying to find the latest release of this version, can anyone
    >> point me to something on Cisco's site that list all of the IOS
    >> versions and release dates?
    >>
    >> 7.1(2)24
    >> 7.1(2)25
    >> 7.1(2)26
    >> 7.1(2)27
    >> 7.1(2)28
    >>
    >> etc.

    > the latest interim release is 7.1.2.53 and could be found here:
    > http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix-interim?sort=release
    >
    > but why to use 7.1 interim if 7.2.3 is available?
    >
    > hope this helped
    > Roman Nakhmanson
    >
    > P.S. there is also 8.0.3 (with EIGRP support) out there :cool:

    Well hell, I stand corrected! Never saw that link before! To the OP, Romans
    link gives you exactly what you wanted!

    Brian V, Nov 14, 2007
  6. pand0ra.usa

    pand0ra.usa Guest

    Damm, even better! Ok, on a side note I am an IT auditor (runs for
    cover). Is there a security based reason for going with any of the
    newer interim versions? Are the interim versions only available if
    staff here finds a problem and TAC gives them access to the updated
    firmware?

    pand0ra.usa, Nov 15, 2007
  7. pand0ra.usa

    Guest

    On Nov 15, 5:50 pm, "pand0ra.usa" <> wrote:
    > Damm, even better!
    > Ok, on a side note I am an IT auditor (runs for cover). Is there a security based reason for going with any of the
    > newer interim versions?

    they (interim versions) were created exactly because of that reason.
    :cool:
    check out "Security Advisories"
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/products_security_advisories_listing.html

    > Are the interim versions only available if staff here finds a problem and TAC gives them access to the updated firmware?

    I am not aware about Cisco's policy to create a fixed software for a
    certain bug. My best guess: once they find something worth fixing -
    they'll do it ;-)
    If you have a licensed hardware and a current SMARTnet contract for it
    - you are entitled to get updates at any time during the period of you
    support contract.

    Thanks
    Roman Nakhmanson

    > On Nov 14, 1:31 pm, wrote:
    >

    > > On Nov 13, 6:35 pm, "pand0ra.usa" <> wrote:

    > > > Ok, I am trying to find the latest release of this version, can anyone
    > > > point me to something on Cisco's site that list all of the IOS
    > > > versions and release dates?

    > > > 7.1(2)24
    > > > 7.1(2)25
    > > > 7.1(2)26
    > > > 7.1(2)27
    > > > 7.1(2)28

    > > > etc.

    > > the latest interim release is 7.1.2.53 and could be found here:http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix-interim?sort=release

    > > but why to use 7.1 interim if 7.2.3 is available?

    > > hope this helped
    > > Roman Nakhmanson

    > > P.S. there is also 8.0.3 (with EIGRP support) out there :cool:- Hide quoted text -

    , Nov 16, 2007