    I tried to ping from the dmz cli interface and get no replies back as
    well..ping dmz 209.209.209.1

    Any ideas...
    The Entitty, Nov 26, 2003

  2. In article <M_Uwb.38498$>,
    The Entitty <> wrote:
    :I have a dmz setup with a natted external address
    :that allows smtp, and ping to the mail server
    :that allows the mail server to send outgoing mail (25) and do domain udp and
    :tcp

    :Both items work great...
    :problem is I can't get ougoing ICMP working. I did add an allow icmp any any
    :to the dmz interface but still fails.
    :I tried to ping from the dmz cli interface and get no replies back as
    :well..ping dmz 209.209.209.1

    You have not given us a lot of configuration information.

    In order to ping from the dmz out, you have to allow
    icmp echo from the dmz to the outside, and you have to allow
    icmp echo-reply from the outside to the dmz.
    --
    Aleph sub {Aleph sub null} little, Aleph sub {Aleph sub one} little,
    Aleph sub {Aleph sub two} little infinities...
    Walter Roberson, Nov 27, 2003