    Can anyone give me some sample configuration segments for failover on a
    PIX515. I want to do straight fialover mode where the 2nd pix seamlessly
    takes place of the first.

    ESM, Feb 27, 2005

  2. ESM

    John Guest

    ESM wrote:
    > Can anyone give me some sample configuration segments for failover on a
    > PIX515.

    Since i dont have any experience with using failover i cannot provide
    any examples from my own experience. But if you look at Chapter 10 in
    the "Cisco PIX Firewall and VPN Configuration Guide"; wich came with the
    unit, you'll find alot of information and configuration examples.

    Below is the direct link to this document for version PIX 6.3, if you
    dont have that version i suggest you either look at the companion cd-rom
    or search for "Cisco PIX Firewall and VPN Configuration Guide"" at
    http://www.cisco.com.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...configuration_guide_book09186a0080172852.html

    > I want to do straight fialover mode where the 2nd pix seamlessly
    > takes place of the first.

    The purpose of any failover is to takeover when another unit goes
    offline or is unavailable. From the looks of the configuration and what
    i can read this is also what the pix does.

    John, Feb 27, 2005