    every workstation have different access (access-list) based on ip.

    regards

    Jarek

    jarcar, Aug 18, 2004

  2. In article <cfvgc9$up$>, jarcar <> wrote:
    :I would like to set up dhcpd in our branch offices (in each office pix
    :501, 5-10 workstation each).

    :My purpose is to make each workstation gain concrete ip adress (based on
    :MAC), and then make static ip <-> arp entries.

    :Is it posibble with pix ?

    No, not in any current release.

    :I want to have control on distribution of ip address'es because almost
    :every workstation have different access (access-list) based on ip.

    If the IP addresses are static, why are you using dhcp? Just because
    it will serve up the default gateway, DNS, and WINS information?
    How often is that information going to change?

    Perhaps you should take a different approach: use AAA with RADIUS
    authentication and downloadable access-lists (or the TACACS+ equivilent,
    in which the ACL itself cannot be downloaded but the -name- of
    the ACL can be.) Then, no matter which computer a particular
    user went to, they would get personalized access. If, that is,
    the many different requirements are user-centered instead of being
    device-centered.
    --
    millihamlet: the average coherency of prose created by a single monkey
    typing randomly on a keyboard. Usenet postings may be rated in mHl.

    Walter Roberson, Aug 18, 2004

  3. jarcar

    jarcar Guest

    > :I want to have control on distribution of ip address'es because almost
    > :every workstation have different access (access-list) based on ip.
    >
    > If the IP addresses are static, why are you using dhcp? Just because
    > it will serve up the default gateway, DNS, and WINS information?
    > How often is that information going to change?

    > Perhaps you should take a different approach: use AAA with RADIUS
    > authentication and downloadable access-lists (or the TACACS+ equivilent,
    > in which the ACL itself cannot be downloaded but the -name- of
    > the ACL can be.) Then, no matter which computer a particular
    > user went to, they would get personalized access. If, that is,
    > the many different requirements are user-centered instead of being
    > device-centered.

    Thanks for response.
    The problem is that workstations will be replaced by brand new one. And
    they will be configured as dhcp client.

    In my case device-centered approach is much more adequate.

    regards

    Jarek

    jarcar, Aug 19, 2004