    THANKS!

    Matt

    , Feb 16, 2006

  2. mcaissie Guest

    http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix

    mcaissie, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Guest

    Thanks, but I've been all over that page.. all I get on it is

    "There are currently no files for this type"

    There are links to guides out the ying-yang, but NONE to and PDM
    Download!

    On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:33:45 GMT, "mcaissie"
    <> wrote:

    >http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> Everyone I ask, and every site I look for help on says:
    >> " I suggest you go to the cisco website and download PIX Device
    >> Manager (PDM). It is a free download for cisco PIX firewall."
    >>

    >> ARGH!!!!! I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE ON CISCO SITE.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE
    >> LOGGED ON.
    >>
    >> Sorry for 'yelling' but this is driving me insane!
    >>
    >> Can SOMEONE PLEASE give me a URL to the PDM download???
    >>
    >> THANKS!
    >>
    >> Matt

    , Feb 16, 2006
  4. mcaissie Guest

    well i see pdm-304.bin

    From Cisco home page
    -go in Technical Support and Documentation
    -Download - VPN Software - Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software -
    Download Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software

    If VPN Sotware doesn't appear in the Download Menu , your account may
    not have software downloads permission.

    mcaissie, Feb 16, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Everyone I ask, and every site I look for help on says:
    >" I suggest you go to the cisco website and download PIX Device
    >Manager (PDM). It is a free download for cisco PIX firewall."

    You probably didn't find that advice in this newsgroup. Around
    here, the usual practice for PDM is to "damn it with faint praise".
    "Well, there is a GUI, and some people like it...".

    When people ask PDM questions here, the response they get is
    usually silence. When people ask here whether they should run PDM,
    a typical response is, "Well, you could, but if you expect to
    be asking questions about the PIX, you need to learn the CLI, because
    the people who answer PIX questions here don't have the time to
    describe the PDM menu paths required to make even simple changes."

    >ARGH!!!!! I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE ON CISCO SITE.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE
    >LOGGED ON.

    If I recall correctly from your other recent postings, you are
    running a PIX with 6.3(3). Any PIX purchased with ~ PIX 6.2(2)
    or later installed also has PDM installed by default.

    Getting *rid* of PDM is a long exercise -- you have to clear the flash
    memory, downgrade to a previous PIX version, reboot, clear the flash
    memory again, upgrade back the the PIX version you had, and reboot again.
    (I seem to recall that PDM might also disappear when you upgrade
    from PIX 6.2 to PIX 6.3). Hence unless your PIX is much older than
    the 6.3(3) version number suggests, chances are that you already have
    PDM installed.

    Walter Roberson, Feb 16, 2006
  6. if '' is not your real email-address, you make it
    yourself more difficult than necessary.

    Danick Veenstra, Feb 16, 2006
  7. Guest

    I make not having my real address on 10,000 lists by the end of the
    day, more difficult.

    I'm looking for answers via usenet, not email..

    On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:26:22 +0100, Danick Veenstra
    <> wrote:

    >if '' is not your real email-address, you make it
    >yourself more difficult than necessary.

    , Feb 16, 2006
  8. n't expose my real mail-address, but at least I receive mail sent to
    this address...

    Danick Veenstra, Feb 16, 2006
  9. RouterMan Guest

    Use the CLi like a real tech ;)

    RouterMan, Feb 17, 2006
  10. Guest

    Oh I'd LOVE to.. been all over the CLI and still can't get this damn
    VPN crap to work....

    I've resorted to opening every IP, UDP and TCP port to the Windows
    2003 Server running Remote access but it still will not go throught
    the PIX!

    On 17 Feb 2006 06:23:32 -0800, "RouterMan" <>
    wrote:

    >Use the CLi like a real tech ;)
    >

    > wrote:
    >> Everyone I ask, and every site I look for help on says:
    >> " I suggest you go to the cisco website and download PIX Device
    >> Manager (PDM). It is a free download for cisco PIX firewall."
    >>

    >> ARGH!!!!! I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE ON CISCO SITE.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE
    >> LOGGED ON.
    >>
    >> Sorry for 'yelling' but this is driving me insane!
    >>
    >> Can SOMEONE PLEASE give me a URL to the PDM download???
    >>
    >> THANKS!
    >>
    >> Matt

    , Feb 20, 2006
  11. JoLo

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    You can download the Cisco PDM at
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps2032/index.html

    You have to be a registered user with Cisco to be able to download the software.

    The VPN is not that difficult to setup from the CLI. If you are a registered Cisco user and pay all that money for support, call TAC and learn from the experience. Next time you can do it yourself.

    JoLo, Jul 24, 2007