    access list ac-in permit ip any any
    access-group ac-in in interface inside
    Also - MS Outlook seemed able to get but not send mail - rather odd -
    barret bonden, Jan 23, 2008

  2. barret bonden

    Captainahab Guest

    Re: pix denying port 80 also stopped an application on port 8080

    On Jan 23, 12:05 am, "barret bonden" <> wrote:
    > Denying port 80 also stopped an  application on port 8080 on one PC when   I
    > implemented:
    > access list ac-in deny tcp host 192.168.0.244 any eq 80
    > access list ac-in permit ip any any
    > access-group ac-in in interface inside
    > Also - MS Outlook seemed able to get but not send mail - rather odd -

    Start by debugging the 8080 issue and the SMTP issue seperatly.. try
    reloading your pix if you have a maintainance window on it if you
    think it's the problem.. that access list clearly wouldn't block 8080
    nor SMTP outgoing..
    Captainahab, Jan 23, 2008

  3. barret bonden

    Brian V Guest

    "barret bonden" <> wrote in message

    > Denying port 80 also stopped an application on port 8080 on one PC when
    > implemented:
    > access list ac-in deny tcp host 192.168.0.244 any eq 80
    > access list ac-in permit ip any any
    > access-group ac-in in interface inside
    > Also - MS Outlook seemed able to get but not send mail - rather odd -

    What did the logs say? Tells you if the packets were denied by your ACL.
    Brian V, Jan 23, 2008
  4. barret bonden

    johnv

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    try "no fixup protocol smtp 25" and see if that helps the mail problem.

    John
    johnv, Jan 23, 2008