    How can I configure the PIX so that I can access the netork
    accordingly and secuely ?

    Thank you
    Benson, Sep 14, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Benson <> wrote:
    :I want to configure a PIX515E like the following:
    : DMZ
    : |
    : |
    :LAN --- PIX515E ----ISP ---Internet
    : |
    : |
    : HQ LAN

    :How can I configure the PIX so that I can access the netork
    :accordingly and secuely ?

    If your PIX 515E has a Restricted license, you are going to have
    a bit of difficulty, as only 3 physical interfaces are supported
    with the Restricted license on the 515E. 6 physical interfaces
    are supported with the Unrestricted license.

    If you have the licenses and interfaces (whether logical or
    physical), you haven't described anything at all tricky about
    the configuration. That suggests to me that you are a novice
    PIX administrator. I would suggest that to get yourself
    started, you might find it easiest to load PDM on to the PIX
    and then to use the GUI interface that that provides. That will
    at least get you through the basics. (If the rules about what
    is allowed to access what start to get complex, then it would
    probably be best to start learning the command language -- the
    GUI does not provide useful visualization tools for complex
    configurations.)
    --
    Inevitably, someone will flame me about this .signature.
    Walter Roberson, Sep 14, 2004