    to normal. Any ideas on why the translation table appears to either
    corrupt, or just get overly congested to cause a slow down in getting
    traffic in/out?

    Dave Clark, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Dave Clark

    Jeroen Guest

    Dave Clark wrote:
    > I have a PIX515 running 6.3(3). And it seems after a 24-36 hours, the
    > translation table begins to have issues and slows down network traffic
    > to the internet.

    Are you monitoring your traffic? Seems to me you have something going on
    inside that is congesting (think 'worm').
    --
    J.

    Jeroen, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Dave Clark

    Hugo Drax Guest

    "Dave Clark" <> wrote in message
    > I have a PIX515 running 6.3(3). And it seems after a 24-36 hours, the
    > translation table begins to have issues and slows down network traffic
    > to the internet. If I do a CLEAR XLATE, immediately the speed is back
    > to normal. Any ideas on why the translation table appears to either
    > corrupt, or just get overly congested to cause a slow down in getting
    > traffic in/out?

    open a tac case :)

    Hugo Drax, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Dave Clark

    Dave Clark Guest

    We had thought this as well when it first started, and we actually did
    find a worm at one of our downstream sites and got that taken care of.
    That did seem to help the issue at first, but the issue has returned
    and we are not finding any more worms. At least not yet. We'll
    continue to monitor to ensure that one....

    Dave Clark, Nov 19, 2003