pix and syslogd problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mr Ping, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. Mr Ping

    Mr Ping Guest

    Hi!

    I have a pix 515 with version 6.1.1

    My logging conf:

    logging on
    logging timestamp
    logging trap errors
    logging history warnings
    logging host inside 10.yyy.uuu.xxx

    Here are my: sh logg

    Syslog logging: enabled
    Timestamp logging: enabled
    Standby logging: disabled
    Console logging: disabled
    Monitor logging: disabled
    Buffer logging: disabled
    Trap logging: level errors, facility 20, 8750466 messages logged
    Logging to inside 10.yyy.uuu.xxx
    History logging: level warnings, facility 20, 8760101 messages
    logged

    My pix is logging to file, on my freebsd pc.
    local4.info /var/log/cisco.pix

    But the pix is also logging to the console, becouse of this raw.
    *.err /dev/console

    Any sugestion to get rid of the logging to console?
    I have try to change the logging trap errors to logging trap info, but
    still console logging.

    //Jan

    --
    "Make it easy"

    Mr Ping, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Mr Ping

    Mr Ping Guest

    It happens that Mr Ping formulated :
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have a pix 515 with version 6.1.1
    >
    > My logging conf:
    >
    > logging on
    > logging timestamp
    > logging trap errors
    > logging history warnings
    > logging host inside 10.yyy.uuu.xxx
    >
    > Here are my: sh logg
    >
    > Syslog logging: enabled
    > Timestamp logging: enabled
    > Standby logging: disabled
    > Console logging: disabled
    > Monitor logging: disabled
    > Buffer logging: disabled
    > Trap logging: level errors, facility 20, 8750466 messages logged
    > Logging to inside 10.yyy.uuu.xxx
    > History logging: level warnings, facility 20, 8760101 messages logged
    >
    > My pix is logging to file, on my freebsd pc.
    > local4.info /var/log/cisco.pix
    >
    > But the pix is also logging to the console, becouse of this raw.
    > *.err /dev/console
    >
    > Any sugestion to get rid of the logging to console?
    > I have try to change the logging trap errors to logging trap info, but still
    > console logging.
    >
    > //Jan

    It is loggin to file messages also. :-(

    *.notice;authpriv.none;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err
    /var/log/messages

    My switches and my routers is working ok, with outher facilitys. :)

    //Jan

    --
    "Make it easy"

    Mr Ping, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Mr Ping

    peter Guest

    Mr Ping wrote:
    > It happens that Mr Ping formulated :
    >
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I have a pix 515 with version 6.1.1
    >>
    >> My logging conf:
    >>
    >> logging on
    >> logging timestamp
    >> logging trap errors
    >> logging history warnings
    >> logging host inside 10.yyy.uuu.xxx
    >>
    >> Here are my: sh logg
    >>
    >> Syslog logging: enabled
    >> Timestamp logging: enabled
    >> Standby logging: disabled
    >> Console logging: disabled
    >> Monitor logging: disabled
    >> Buffer logging: disabled
    >> Trap logging: level errors, facility 20, 8750466 messages logged
    >> Logging to inside 10.yyy.uuu.xxx
    >> History logging: level warnings, facility 20, 8760101 messages logged
    >>
    >> My pix is logging to file, on my freebsd pc.
    >> local4.info /var/log/cisco.pix
    >>
    >> But the pix is also logging to the console, becouse of this raw.
    >> *.err /dev/console
    >>
    >> Any sugestion to get rid of the logging to console?
    >> I have try to change the logging trap errors to logging trap info, but
    >> still console logging.
    >>
    >> //Jan

    > It is loggin to file messages also. :-(
    >
    > *.notice;authpriv.none;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err
    > /var/log/messages
    >
    > My switches and my routers is working ok, with outher facilitys. :)
    >
    > //Jan

    try adding

    local4.none

    into each of the entries for /var/log/messages and /dev/console

    Peter

    peter, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Mr Ping

    Mr Ping Guest

    peter explained on 2005-08-24 :
    > Mr Ping wrote:
    >> It happens that Mr Ping formulated :
    >>
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> I have a pix 515 with version 6.1.1
    >>>
    >>> My logging conf:
    >>>
    >>> logging on
    >>> logging timestamp
    >>> logging trap errors
    >>> logging history warnings
    >>> logging host inside 10.yyy.uuu.xxx
    >>>
    >>> Here are my: sh logg
    >>>
    >>> Syslog logging: enabled
    >>> Timestamp logging: enabled
    >>> Standby logging: disabled
    >>> Console logging: disabled
    >>> Monitor logging: disabled
    >>> Buffer logging: disabled
    >>> Trap logging: level errors, facility 20, 8750466 messages logged
    >>> Logging to inside 10.yyy.uuu.xxx
    >>> History logging: level warnings, facility 20, 8760101 messages logged
    >>>
    >>> My pix is logging to file, on my freebsd pc.
    >>> local4.info /var/log/cisco.pix
    >>>
    >>> But the pix is also logging to the console, becouse of this raw.
    >>> *.err /dev/console
    >>>
    >>> Any sugestion to get rid of the logging to console?
    >>> I have try to change the logging trap errors to logging trap info, but
    >>> still console logging.
    >>>
    >>> //Jan

    >> It is loggin to file messages also. :-(
    >>
    >> *.notice;authpriv.none;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err
    >> /var/log/messages
    >>
    >> My switches and my routers is working ok, with outher facilitys. :)
    >>
    >> //Jan
    >>

    > try adding
    >
    > local4.none
    >
    > into each of the entries for /var/log/messages and /dev/console
    >
    > Peter

    Thanks Peter!

    I did try this and is works ok.
    !*local4*;*.err /dev/console