    conn between the DSL modem and the pix remains intact, just the
    keepalives (and static ip conn) is lost until the next reconnect?

    thx much
    ltamlp, Dec 2, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    ltamlp <> wrote:
    :Here's the catch: There will be a physical disconnect between the DSL
    :modem and the pix that an operator must go and physically close when
    :an analyst needs to connect. What effects, if any, will losing the
    :connection (both physically and logically) have on the pix? the vpns?

    I would not imagine there would be much of an effect, unless you
    are configured for failover. I have not tested this specifically, but
    in my experience, the PIX does NOT lock up waiting for packets to be
    deliverable [unlike one of my servers when the buffers fill up.]

    :How about if we put the disconnect on the phone line, so the physical
    :conn between the DSL modem and the pix remains intact, just the
    :keepalives (and static ip conn) is lost until the next reconnect?

    Just turn off the DSL modem; that way you don't have to worry about
    the mechanical damage associated with the disconnects.
    --
    *We* are now the times. -- Wim Wenders (WoD)
    Walter Roberson, Dec 2, 2003