PIX and monitoring software

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rob, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Hi,

    I am looking for an efficient software to help me monitor a LAN with a about
    400 workstations. I want to monitor the internal users activities, including
    Internet also I want to be able to simply disconnect a user from Internet
    in case he is doing something business unrelated, but I dont want to filter
    the urls, so I am not looking for applications like Websense or SurfControl.
    I also need to check the Internet/Network Bandwidth usage in total and per
    person at any time, so in case I get any complain about network/Internet
    speed I can simply find the reason.

    Does anyone know such software?

    My firewall is a PIX 515, it doesnt do these jobs, does it?

    Thanks in advance for any suggestion-Rob

    Rob, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Rob

    Guest

    What LAN hardware is installed in additiona to the PIX ?

    , Feb 11, 2005

  3. Rob

    SysAdm Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message news:420d2529$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for an efficient software to help me monitor a LAN with a

    about
    > 400 workstations. I want to monitor the internal users activities,

    including
    > Internet also I want to be able to simply disconnect a user from Internet
    > in case he is doing something business unrelated, but I dont want to

    filter
    > the urls, so I am not looking for applications like Websense or

    SurfControl.
    > I also need to check the Internet/Network Bandwidth usage in total and

    per
    > person at any time, so in case I get any complain about network/Internet
    > speed I can simply find the reason.
    >
    > Does anyone know such software?

    perfect match...
    http://www.lightspeedsystems.com/la...onitoring&source=google&kw=NW Monitoring Know

    SysAdm

    SysAdm, Feb 11, 2005
  4. Hello,

    I'd do it with ISS Proventia A or G. www.iss.net/proventia + OPSEC on
    CheckPoint. You also may want a proventia M having a built-in content
    filtering module from Cobion AG

    But, with a PIX you can't do really anything but integrate your PIX to a
    Websense content filter architecture.

    Richard

    Richard Collard, Feb 13, 2005
  5. Rob

    Rob Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > What LAN hardware is installed in additiona to the PIX ?

    Windows 2k/03 servers and 2k/xp workstations.
    Rob

    Rob, Feb 14, 2005
  6. Rob

    yoyo Guest

    Rob, you may also want to look at Check Point InterSpect. It's designed
    specifically as an internal security GW. It has also some interesting
    optional integration with zonelabs' endpoint product

    yoyo, Mar 9, 2005
  7. Rob

    jolincai11

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    reply

    what software you are looking fior LAN Spy Monitor i think , it can fill all your request, i use it very well.

    jolincai11, Apr 10, 2013